(8) You don't like kissing around dead bodies?

Artemisia's POV

I've only met a few guards since arriving in my new pack, but I'm nervous about the party. So, I'm distracting myself by curling my hair. After I changed, I wanted to hide in our room until Kai was ready.

Outfit:

Kai steps out of the bathroom, and I see he's buttoning up his shirt

Kai steps out of the bathroom, and I see he's buttoning up his shirt. I almost burned off a strand of my hair for not paying attention, but I quickly released it from the iron.

Sitting at the vanity Kai added for me, he walks towards me, hiding something behind his back. I turn around and raise an eyebrow. Please be food!

"Tonight, you will officially join the pack as a member until your luna ceremony, of course." He says. "So I got you this dagger for protection."

He carefully hands it to me, and I admire the intricate details in the middle. "It has our pack's symbol, and I thought you should also own one. But if you don't want-"

I stand up from my chair and pull him into a bone-crushing hug. "Just because you hate it doesn't mean you have to suffocate me." He mumbles.

I laugh and say, "I love it, thank you."

He grins, proud I approve, and cups my ass. I playfully roll my eyes and look up at him. "Don't worry too much about tonight. I'll be by your side the whole time. I got your back." He states.

"I just don't want to disappoint anyone if I end up sucking as a luna," I say quietly.

"You're not going to suck, Isa. I mean, the only sucking you'll be doing is-" Before he could finish his sentence, I smacked his arm.

"I'm still holding this," I say, pretending to stab him.

"If you ever feel uncomfortable or overwhelmed, don't hesitate to tell me. If you need a breather, we can walk outside. I know you like the garden." He says.

"I appreciate it. I appreciate you." I say seriously.

He leans down to kiss me, and I carefully place the dagger on my vanity. When he pulls away, my eyes widen at his lips. "Sorry!" I quickly say, grabbing a makeup wipe.

I wipe his mouth and say, "Maybe you should stop kissing me. I end up marking your face too much."

He keeps his hands on my waist and chuckles. "You're too cute when you panic." He says.

I take a deep breath and grab the dagger. It gives me an odd sense of safety, so I run to our closet. "What are you doing?" Kai calls out.