(1) Please let me kill him!

Artemisia's POV

I'm finished with work when my phone starts to ring. Seeing it's my brother, Xavier, I answer the call.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask as I grab my purse and shut down my desktop.

"So my 18th birthday is coming up..." He starts.

"Is there a specific present you want? Is that why you're calling?" I ask with a little laugh. I wave goodbye to the front desk worker while I exit the building, waiting for his response.

"Actually, I was wondering if you could come down and visit for a few days?" He says.

"...Why? Is there something happening?" I ask, worried something bad has happened to him.

"I know you won't tell me why you left, but I haven't seen you in person in six years. I miss having a nice big sister." He says.

My lip quirks upward, glad he still cares about me. "I miss you too. I just don't think it'd be a good idea for me to return." I explain quietly, locking myself in my car.

"Are you ever going to come back? There have been rumors of what happened, but none of you have ever cleared it up. I'm a part of this family and have the right to know." He states.

"Xavier..." I say, wishing I could just blurt it out.

"I know, I know, you all think no one should know. But it really doesn't help your image." He says.

"I don't care about my reputation since I never planned on going back," I say firmly.

"But...?" Xavier asks, hoping for some good news.

I sigh, thinking it over. I think I can bear a few days in that shit hole. It's his birthday, and I should celebrate it with him in person for once.

"I think I can stay for a weekend. But do not force me to socialize with anyone in your pack or your family." I say seriously.

"You're a part of this family, whether you like it or not." He says, feeling annoyed I always separate myself from them.

"No, they're dead to me. If you knew why I left, you'd understand, but not knowing is what is best for everyone." I say.

I can visualize him rolling his eyes and hearing him sigh. "How about you visit Friday night? There's a ball happening Saturday night, and then we can celebrate my birthday Sunday." He says.

"That works for me," I say, preparing for a mentally draining weekend.

"Ok, I love you." He says.

"Love you more, see you soon," I say, ending the call.

I start driving towards my penthouse, glad the day is over. I do some grocery shopping and walk through the entrance, getting a burst of cold air. I grab everything off my list and decide to add some unhealthy snacks.

Fatass. I hear Roxy, my wolf, insult me. I hold in a scoff and answer back. Lazy ass, you're almost always sleeping. What else am I supposed to do?!

I ignore her and return to my car with the groceries. When I'm almost home, Roxy speaks again.

Do we really have to go back? I hate your family besides Xavier. The rest of them should burn in hell. I want to spend time with my brother. It'll only be a weekend, and it's not like anything big will happen.

After parking in the building's garage, I get into the elevator of my apartment building and press the highest number.

Can I attack the half-sister? You wouldn't let me take over the day you guys fought, but I would have totally killed her for you. I know. One good thing that came out of living there was the luna training.