(14) Best sugar daddy ever.

Artemisia's POV

The whole rooftop is decorated with fairy lights, and rose petals are everywhere. "What happened to the goodbye dinner?" I ask, confused.

I glance at the side table a couple of feet away from me and notice the vase Kai made is sitting there. Pictures of us are beside the vase, and I smile, recalling the memories.

"Do you remember our first date?" Kai asks, wrapping his arms around my waist.

"Of course, it swept me off my feet." I tease.

"And I gave you a mind-blowing-" I cut him off with my lips.

I feel him smirk, and he cups the back of my head. I pull away and ask, "If you weren't at meetings, why were you feeling anxious? Was someone being rude? Do I have to fight someone?"

He nervously chuckles and brings us to a different table. "Ever since you came into my life, I've never been happier. I love waking up beside you, and I love going to bed with you in my arms. You give me peace when I'm stressed, and I want you for the rest of my life." He says, taking a small crystal box off the table.

He gets down on one knee, and I cover my mouth with my hand. "Artemisia, will you marry me?" He asks, shyly smiling.

"Yes!" I answer excitedly. I bend down and pull him in for another kiss. I feel so much happiness from his side of the bond, and he slides the ring onto my finger.

 I feel so much happiness from his side of the bond, and he slides the ring onto my finger

"I love you," I say, hugging him tight.

"I love you so much." He whispers, burying his face in the crook of my neck.

"I had no idea you were planning any of this," I say, laughing while tears stream down my face.

"Lana told me she thought you were getting suspicious. Then, when you texted me about Ambrose, I thought he blew it." He says while trying to wipe them away.

"I didn't even know you were thinking about this. You just seem so busy, and I didn't want to ask." I say, admiring my ring.

"You'll always be my first priority. The second you moved in, I heard wedding bells." He sheepishly says. I giggle and press my lips against his.

"Sorry, you had to feel tense all day. I was worried about planning and was kind of doubting myself." He explains.

I pull him back into my arms, and he covers my body with his. I feel like I'm melting into his hold and want to stay like this forever.

"I'm with you for life. Best sugar daddy ever." I joke.

He rolls his eyes and guides us to our dinner. "I thought we could celebrate with a rack of ribs, champagne, and cake." He says.

"I love it, you're perfect," I sigh.

He squeezes my hand and hands me a plate of food. I spot the cake and squeal. "My favorite!" I say.