Ch. 15: Protect

Metal clanged loudly against metal, high pitched voices shrieking and screaming out commands. Dying out seconds later with sickening squelches of flesh being pierced.

Over the sounds of battle, I could just barely hear Dream and Sapnap's battle cry's as they fought against the pillagers. Ended them with little difficulty since the pillagers, while outnumbering us, are under-skilled and under equipped compared to the boys.

Other than the one that had to withdraw from battle with me.

"I've got more in my bag, grab them." George and I were in the canopy above the battle, the leaves so thick that we could easily stand atop them and be safe from the war raging in the encampment below.

I pulled open George's bag and pulled out the bandages that he had brought, kind of wishing we had potions as Dream was carrying. I'm sure he'll give them to us after the fight, but for now we need to stem the bleeding.

"I need you to take off your shirt." I reminded as I unwrapped the bandage roll.

George did so with a wince here and there. "I should be taking care of you first." George reminded as he laid his bloody blue t-shirt on the leaves beside him.

"You got hurt blocking a hit for me, I'll be fine until you're bandaged." I assured him, frowning at the gashes he had received across his chest from the weird creature that the pillagers had tamed to fight for them.

The two gashes where the beast's horns nearly impaled George still bled, fortunately he's still able to stand.

"How's your leg?" George asked as I pressed a gauze over each gash, his hand coming over mine to help me apply pressure.

"It's fine for now, Georgie." I promised him but watched him pull another roll of bandages from his bag anyways with his free hand.

"Scoot closer." George said as I began wrapping the bandages around his torso to secure the gauze on the one gash.

I had to get closer anyways to reach, so he took the opportunity and pressed the bandage over the bleeding wound on my upper thigh, chuckling when I winced at him.

"I'm not going to let you bleed out for me."

"I'm not bleeding out, it's superficial."

"Luv."

His hand put pressure on my wound as I worked on the second gash on the other side of his chest, causing me to flinch from the sudden sting it caused.

"I know, I know. I'm sorry, it's gonna hurt." George apologized, leaning closer to me as I wrapped him up with the bandages. "Um...I'm gonna—it's not—" George started stuttering, confusing me as I listened down to see if the fight had ended yet.

When I heard the creature that attacked George roar again, I sighed. This attack on this camp better be worth it...

"I can't—can't reach the—the full wound with your..." George trailed off but following his gaze I understood what he was trying to tell me.

"Oh..." My face heated with embarrassment at how he was trying to ask me to get out of my pants so he could take care of my own wound.

"I'm sorry." George whispered, ducking his gaze away from me as he reached for more bandages for me.

"After I'm done with yours, I'll let you." I offered as the white bandages against his tan skin stained red easily.

"Dream should still have some potions from Knut. It'll close the wound for you and make you feel a lot better." George offered, keeping his eyes off me as his hand on my thigh applied more pressure to my wound.