Ch. 53: Fiery Horizons

We knew that Keres wouldn't just disappear and leave us alone for the rest of our time here in this strange world. We were never oblivious to the fact that the Pillagers would eventually be back.

But we never expected what their retaliation would truly be.

"Like this?" I showed the design to Techno, who was busily making blocks of iron out of the iron ingots we had just smelted from mining efforts yesterday.

Techno looked at what I had scrawled in my book, lips set before nodding. "I think so. Arius said their golems showed up on their own, but we should be able to make ours with that design." Techno agreed, setting down the iron blocks in a t-shape on the ground.

I pulled my bag off to pull out the pumpkins I had harvested yesterday.

As soon as we placed the pumpkin on top of the iron blocks, it burst into smoke that made us cough and back away.

When it cleared, in its place stood a golem remarkably similar to the ones we see when we visit Hillshire.

"YES!"

Techno and I cheered happily as the iron golem stared back at us.

But our victorious cheering didn't last long when suddenly our earpieces erupted in our bags. Loud shouting coming out from them.

"What is that?" I ripped my bag off my shoulder to yank out my earpiece.

"—help! We need help!" Bad? What's going on?

"What's happening Bad?" Dream's voice cut Bad's rapid shouting into the earpiece. "Where are you?"

"Hillshire! The pillagers are raiding Hillshire! They're destroying it!" My blood ran cold as Techno and I exchanged a glance before we turned around and ran back for the door to grab our things and get to Bad and Wilbur who had left just this morning for the city.

Everyone scattered today to do tasks of their own, but we were met inside by the newly created weapons chest by Tubbo and Tommy already gearing up to go.

"We're coming, is the path through the Nether clear?" Techno asked as I pulled out my newly enchanted diamond sword and shoved my bow into my bag with a large supply of arrows.

I turned to Tommy and Tubbo to make sure they have their armor properly as Bad responded. "The Nether path is clear; we're holding a line with Volund and Arius! Hurry, they're launching fireballs and TNT at the buildings!"

There's no time to waste, the other three can meet us there.

"Let's go!"

We were met at the portal by Dream, George and Nick would probably meet us there since they were out in that general vicinity anyways with the horses.

"Stick close, we don't know what we might come across between here and there." Dream advised before he unlocked the portal that we had defended against the Pillagers.

"How did you get back so fast?" Tommy asked as the portal whooped back to life after being reactivated by the machine Techno had built.

"Pearls." That explains why Dream wanted extra ender pearls...I wouldn't want to use those things for getting around.

From what Dream says, it feels like being pulled rapidly through water, overwhelming and hard to breathe if you're not prepared.

Going through the portal, we took a moment to overcome the nausea that always comes with going through the portal before we started to run along the path Techno had erected between Hillshire and our home.