s a w a m u r a ⋆ d a i c h i ♡

{Mending A Broken Heart}

~ S A W A M U R A  D A I C H I ~

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

It had gotten pretty late now. Sakusa practice ended at around 8:30 pm but since he took longer and you guys argued it was now 9pm.

Tears were still streaming down your face as you walked down the sidewalk. Your eyes were glued to your phone making sure no one saw you in this state right now.

As you were walking you suddenly bumped into a taller man. This impact knocked you over and you fell to the ground landing on you butt.

"Oh god I'm so sorry I didn't see you there," the man said. He reached out his hand to help you up.

You took his hand and got up wiping off your skirt in case any dirt got on it.

"No sorry it was my fault, I wasn't watching on where I was going."

The man bent down to the ground and picked up your phone.

"Here you dropped this," he said while handing back your phone.

"Thank you," you responded.

"I'm Daichi by the way, what's your name?"

"I'm y/n." You said softly.

Daichi studied your face to see the dried tears on your cheeks. The puff eyes and the tears that piled at the bottom of your eyes were still there too.

He placed a hand on your shoulder, "Hey are you okay?"

You looked him in the eyes as the tears began to well up again. You tried keeping them in but a few managed to slip out. You shook your head no to him.

Before either of you said anything Daichi pulled you into a hug. He put his arms around your shoulder while you wrapped yours around his torso.

You started sobbing into his chest as he pet your hair.

Your crying started dying down a bit. He pulled you back to see how you were doing.

Daichi's heart pained seeing a girl he literally just met crying in his arms. He wondered what could've possibly happened for you to be crying like this.

"Hey do you want me to walk you home?"

You sniffled before nodding your head yes.

-

Daichi and you had exchanged numbers when he dropped you off. Almost every day for a couple few weeks he checked up on you making sure you were feeling better than the day before.

He had made sure to take care of you. You guy started hanging out for a week after you met.

You found out that Daichi was a really good guy after all. You found out he was not only kind but funny.

After telling him the reason you for why you were crying you could visibly tell Daichi was upset with Sakusa.

A few months go by and you guys are closer than ever. Telling each other almost everything and hanging out every week.

Daichi helped you get over Sakusa and helped you in so many different ways. You appreciated him so much. If it wasn't for you not paying attention you would've missed the opportunity of meeting a great friend

Your friendship strengthen over the times you spent together while your feelings for each other started to develop.

-

You and Daichi were sitting in a café right now on a coffee date.

You were laughing at one of the stories he was telling you that happened at his volleyball game. You had learned his team was very energetic and entertaining.

As you were too busy laughing at Daichi story you failed to notice the masked man staring at you from outside the window.

He saw as you laughed and cuddled you to Daichi's side. Sakusa had regretted what he said that night every day.

He thought you'd allow him to explain himself at least once but his words did too much damage to fix anything.

Sakusa wondered what it would've been like if that was him you cuddled up against. What'd it would feel like to hug you once more or see that goofy smile of yours from his stories.

All the memories Sakusa took months to bury came back to the surface. Before he even knew it a tear had slid out of his eye and down his cheek.

He didn't know how long he was staring for but it was long enough to know he wasn't the one you loved anymore.

He walked away with the same pain in his heart he caused you.

You looked up at Daichi to see him smiling so sweetly down at you. He loved watching you laugh and how your smile could light up a dark alley.

"What?" You asked still laughing a little.

Daichi didn't say anything but instead grabbed your face. He placed the softest, warmest kiss on your lips.

You were taken back a little not expecting him to do that. Your eyes wandered the café trying to make eye contact with Daichi.

Daichi chuckled a bit at your reaction looking away as well.

You turned your head to face him as you saw him looking away. Wanting to return the action you went up to place a kiss on his cheek.

You saw the red in his cheeks rise. Before moving away you moved over to his ear and whispered into it.

"Thanks for everything Daichi, I love you."