☁️The School Poet☁️ RadioSnake

Alastor sat at his makeshift desk and put up his paper sign as he sat down in his little wooden chair, plopping his faded brown hat on his head. Since middle school, Alastor has set up a sort of business in the halls, he wrote poems for his fellow students to give to the girlfriends are boyfriends, charging ten dollars a poem. Now he's in high school and he's still operating his little side business, the schools allow him to do this since they were aware he was in a rather unstable financial situation. Alastor lived by himself in his parents old home, he had a job and he loved his job, but it didn't pay very much and he was able to afford just what he needed. This little side business of his allowed him to afford a change of clothes every now and then, to keep his water flowing, maybe even stock the fridge for a week or two. Most of Alastor's customers were men looking to get poems for their girlfriends and trying to pass them off as their own. Now most people would find it odd that all these boys were perfectly fine with having Alastor write poems for their girlfriends, until you find out that Alastor was an out gay man.

   Now don't get it twisted, Alastor didn't just walk around announcing he was gay like the school the school slut Anthony, Alastor would rather die then out himself like that. No it happened rather unfortunately you see, he had grown a rather large crush on one of the school jocks; Valentino. He wrote a poem for him, pouring his heart into the page, even signing it so he could convey these feelings he had locked away and finally set them free. He slipped the poem through the slots in tall man's locker-which was a bit difficult to reach-before scurrying away at top speed. The next day, his poem was pinned to the cork board at the front of the school, a note attached insulting him in every possible way that could hurt the most. He mentioned his family, his living conditions, his mental issues, everything was personal, and Alastor was left in tears at the horrible rejection. That's when someone approached him, telling him that they thought the poem was great, and that he should write more, this was followed by several more agreeing with them. This was how Alastor's business started.

    Now it was the week before Valentine's Day, so business was booming as everyone was lining up to get their girlfriend a Valentine's poem. His eyes widened a bit as he saw a not-to-familiar face, the schools local nerd Simon Pentious. The narcissistic nerd looked embarrassed as he tried to hide in that weird top hat he typically wore all the time, which Alastor thought was somewhat endearing. Yes, he'd grown a crush on the school's narcissistic nerd, it's not like he'd ever act on his feelings, he'd learned his lesson about that. The snake-lover obviously wanted a poem to confess his feelings towards someone, figures he'd be straight, he should have known, at least he doesn't have to wonder if he even has a chance anymore. "Hello...Alastor, if I may, I'd like to request your services for a poem! Of course I shall provide the agreed upon payment" Simon says awkwardly, putting the ten dollar bill on the old desk. Alastor smiles at Simon, as he always did, a smile that never left his face and charmed all that saw it, this made him a natural magnet and often worked to calm those around him. "Of course Simon, just tell me who you want to make it out to and I should have it to you before Valentine's Day" Alastor answers politely, picking up his catalog so he can keep track who wanted a poem for who. Alastor could have sworn Simon whispered something under his breath along the lines of "just as charming as the rumors", but brushed it off.
"Valentino" Simon says, a large, dark red blush creeping up on his cheeks, his expression timid and bashful.

   As soon as Alastor heard those words uttered, he felt his chest tighten as he struggled to catch his breath. He fell out of his chair, he was having a panic attack, and the nurse was quickly called as students screamed in panic. He passed out, Simon's scared and worried face becoming blurred as he slowly succumbed to the darkness enveloping him. He suddenly felt a warmth envelope his hand, his eyes slowly flutter open, chocolate brown orbs tinted crimson red revealed to the words as he woke. He slowly looked over to see a pale hand gripping his own, he slowly lifts his head to see it attached to the sleeping form of his crush. Long black hair with the occasional yellow highlight fell down over his face, caramel eyes closed, and pale skin illuminated by the light from the window. Simon stirred as he felt Alastor move, blinking himself awake, he gasped as he saw the brunette staring at him, he instantly dropped down from the chair he was sitting in and got down on his knees. "Thank god you're ok!" Simon cheers with tears in his eyes, Alastor gasping in surprise at the other boys genuine concern for him, it was...heartwarming. "I...I'm so sorry, I had no idea Valentino had done such an awful thing to you" Simon says sorrowfully. Ah, that's right, Simon didn't go to Middle School with him and Valentino. "That's alright, you didn't know, no harm done" Alastor comforts, giving him another warm and charming smile.

   Simon stared at Alastor in disbelief, Alastor was so unbelievably strong, it made him wonder what other pain the creole boy had to shoulder to be so strong. What agony did he have to overcome-or is still facing through-to make him such a charming person? People like him and Valentino didn't know real hardship, those who truly dealt with hardships were people like Alastor. Simon decided to walk all Alastor home that day, he was worried the slightly younger teen might have another attack and just wanted to make sure he got home alright. He gasped in surprise as he saw the old, broken down wood cabin Alastor called his home, it was probably rude of him, but Alastor didn't seem to care as he let himself in. He again gasped as he noticed a dark crimson stain stuck to the wooden floor, he could tell what it was in an instant. Alastor sighs, having no choice but to explain how his father killed his mother, he was promptly arrested, and he lived there alone now. Simon knew Alastor must have suffered some great tragedy, but he never suspected it would be something so awful. He embraces the other boy and rubs his back as he begins whispering comforting words in the others ear. He couldn't see it, but the sudden dampness on his shoulders told him Alastor was crying, it seemed that-at last- the strong could show weakness.

   A year passed, the two boys were practically inseparable after that, rumors went around about how close they were quickly, and unfortunately, this of course reached Vas Valentino's ear. He concocted a plan, a plan to break their friendship and possibly break Alastor once and for all. It happened on Valentine's Day, Alastor hums excitedly as he clutches an envelope with a heart shaped seal sealing it Shut as he searched for his best friend. When he found him, his eyes widened as he saw him and Valentino in a full on make-out session, tears fell down his cheeks. It looked like they were making out from Alastor's perspective, but he was to far away to see Simon trying to push the jock off of him. When Valentino finally pulled away, he gave a smug grin at Alastor, bringing Simon's attention to him as Valentino walked away. "Alastor it's not what-" Simon attempted to explain, only to have the envelope shoved in his chest before the other ran away. Simon's eyes carefully scan the poem inside, eyes watering as everything started to click at that moment.

Your eyes are a bright amber.
Hair a stunning black wave.
If only you knew these feelings I harbor.
My heart will surely cave.

A mind never so sharp.
A heart never so full.
A hand never so warm.
A person never so bold.

Our hands could interlock.
Our lips could connect.
Our lives could change.
Our lives could remain.

I speak of love.
I speak of admiration.
I speak of affection.
I speak of you.
~Alastor

   Simon ran to the school rooftop clutching the pen in his hand, his heart stopping as he sees his love barely holding onto the handrail, standing on the very edge. "I'll be with you soon mama" Alastor mutters to himself, then he lets go, closing his eyes as he waits to feel the impact as he collided with the ground. Yet instead he feels that familiar warmth envelope his wrist, his eyes fly open and tears fall down as he feels familiar hands pull him up to the safety of the rooftop. He looks up at the boy he loved with all his heart, tears flowing faster then a waterfall as their eyes locked, his mouth slightly agape. Before he had the chance to do speak, soft lips were on his, and tender arms held him close. Alastor wraps his arms around Simon's neck and grips his head, returning the kiss with desperation as he clings to the pale boy. He'd demand an explanation later, and probably schools Simon for taking his first kiss too, but at that moment, he just wanted to enjoy this feeling. This feeling of being completely and unconditionally loved.