Chapter 6

The terrace overlooked a beautiful garden with a gazebo down a stone path lit by torches. It reminded her of a little fairy house in white with ornate details.

Katrina walked the path to the gazebo and sat on one of the stone benches. She looked out over the garden trying to imagine it in the daylight with a brooding duke smoking a cigar. He would intimidate the roses while simultaneously put their beauty to shame.

"Hiding in the garden again, kitten?" Asked an all to familiar deep voice.

Katrina jumped up from the bench with her hand over her heart, looking around to where the voice came from. Leaning against one of the posts stood the duke in all his glory. He seemed to enjoy sneaking up on her when she was alone. Before the end of the season she would be dead from heart palpitations.

His arms were crossed in front of him, tightening the fabric over his biceps. But for his colorful clothing, he could be a statue in the garden. An artist's carved Greek god.

"N-no, sir. I just needed some air. And time away from gossiping mothers. Especially my own," she joked to her serious audience.

He ignored her attempt at humor. "Come here, little one." Compared to his 6'3" frame, her 5'5" height definitely appeared little. But everyone was little compared to the tall, muscular duke.

Katrina slowly walked toward him. She kept her head down. Her nerves were working overtime. She kept repeating in her head how wrong this was, how she was bound to be ruined if these encounters continued.

"Good girl," he stated once she was in front of him. He tipped her head back with a finger to her chin. "It appeared you were having an excellent time with Sebastian at dinner. I can't say I was too pleased," he stated in a way that showed his displeasure. "Tell me...did he touch you inappropriately, Katrina?"

"No. Well, I mean...I didn't want him to, but he grazed my leg. I'm sure by accident. Completely innocent." It definitely was not an accident or innocent, but she didn't want to get Sebastian in trouble with his friend. And she couldn't have her brother to find out, or she would be wed Sebastian the drunk.

"Show me," he said as he pinched her chin harder.

"Show you what?"

"Show me how your lover touched you." Lover? What on earth...he had to know she would never be Sebastian's lover.

"Oh, you have things wrong. Sebastian is not my lover. I barely can stand him," she plead.

"Katrina. Now." He did not look patient. But he never looked patient.

She walked to the the bench and sat, removing her right glove. Bending over to her ankle she followed the path Sebastian previously took to her knee. "And once he reached here, I slapped his hand away."

"Let me see if I have this right." He moved closer and sat in the position Sebastian sat at dinner. The duke reached down and touched her ankle. Slowly he moved his fingertips up her leg. She felt it to her core, and her breathing became erratic. Once he reached her knee she didn't slap him away. He looked away from her leg and up to her face. "No slap, Katrina? Does that mean that I should continue?"

"Oh! No! Sorry! No, please don't!" As she pushed his hand away as it sat atop her thigh. He almost seemed disappointed.

"Did you enjoy his touch, Katrina?"

"Sebastian's touch? No, sir!" She was sure she was looking at the duke like he was crazy.

"But you seemed to enjoy mine," he said contemplatively. "Sebastian touched something that is mine, and I am concerned your flirting let him think you were available to his molestation. You were a bad girl, Katrina."

"No, sir! I was proper and good, sir. Anyone can tell you I don't flirt. Well, I've tried and failed. But I didn't try tonight!" Her voice sounded worried as she babbled away. What would he do?

The duke patted his lap. "Bend over my lap, lift your skirts, and expose your bottom to me." She didn't move. "Now, Katrina."

Every time he used her full name, a chill ran through her body. He meant business. He wasn't to be denied. But she couldn't do this...right?

She stood and then bent over his lap and lifted her skirts. She slowly and shakily pulled down her drawers and presented her bare bottom. No man had ever seen her like this. Her father never even spanked her bottom.

How did she get to this point? If someone came out, she would be ruined. But what did she care, right? She planned to be a spinster, and no one could force a duke to wed.

"You know that good girls obey. They get pleasure from pleasing their master. When you obey, kitten, I'm very pleased. Now take your spanking like a good girl." His words were like a gentle caress. They were words she wasn't used to hearing from peers, but they excited her.

The first spank was to the fleshy right cheek of her bottom. Two on one cheek, two on the other until there were 10 total spanks.

After he finished, the duke rubbed his hand over her red bottom. Then he went back with one on each upper thigh that stung like the devil. When he was done, he complimented her on taking it so well since she held back her yelps and tears. Katrina smiled as her face still fell forward over his lap - she knew he couldn't see it.

He stroked over her bottom and thighs. Soothing the pain. "You needed this, kitten." His fingertips lowered to her core and lightly brushed over her wet lips. She gasped at the foreign touch. He moved her drawers and skirts to cover her back up.

"Now, get up, kitten. It is time to join the party before they suspect anything. And to be clear, Katrina, no man is to touch you again." He pulled her up to look in her eyes. "You are my possession. I own every inch of you. As I've said, I own your body, mind, and soul."

There is was again. His possessive nature. Why was he acting like this around her? Did he think she was broken and he could fix her?

"Yes, sir. But what about Eleanor? She is so nice...". She had to ask. How could he marry one woman and claim another?

"She is none of your concern. Now go!"