Chapter 14

The duke looked like he had seen a ghost. Like a secret was exposed. Then he covered his features in a veil of anger. His hands stopped moving and withdrew from her body.

"She was nothing like you," he started. Katrina's heart sank at that. It didn't sound good. "I met her almost immediately upon arriving in India. She was the daughter of an officer. Every man desired her company because of her beauty, but she gave it to me. I felt like I won a prize. One night we snuck off and made love, but I noticed she was not a maiden.

Like it was planned, her father found us and demanded a marriage. Long story short, it turns out she was pregnant by another, but I didn't know that until she was about 6 months along. It turned out she was 9 months along. She had a hard delivery. Both she and the baby died. Is that what you wanted to know, hm? Does that satisfy your curiosity?"

He seemed even more angry than before. He got out of bed and stalked to some whiskey on a stand in the corner. He poured a huge glass and downed it in seconds.

"I wasn't going to marry again. I swore it. Manipulative bitches. All of you!" He spat. "But I have obligations and some dark desires that developed after my marriage. Well, they were there before my first marriage, but not fully...developed."

Katrina was propped on her forearms and elbows looking at him prowl around the room like a caged animal with a new glass of whiskey.

"You keep asking me why I picked you of all the ladies of the ton. The old maid that could not wait to be a spinster." He sounded so cruel in his description. "Part of it was that I knew you would be untouched. That I would be the only man to ever touch you. See you. Control and own you. That appeals to me greatly. The children you give me will be mine. There will be no doubt.

I had that special license in my pocket since the first ball. I was ready to be caught. Ready to have you in a position where you couldn't say no. I'm actually surprised it took so long, given how easily you allowed me to corrupt you. There was a time I was scared you were like that with other men, but anyone observing you could see that wasn't possible."

He was right. There was no other man for her. No one gained her interest.

"I was a little dubious about the plan with Eleanor and Sebastian. I didn't want him flirting with you. And then he touched you and I almost called him out," he recalled seething. "Yet I loved to see the jealousy in your eyes. You were so close to giving me everything without a ring or a promise. Had I told you to suck me off last night at Vauxhall you would have done so eagerly - right there in the open air."

He understood her feelings so easily. How could he see the jealousy and capitulation? She guessed he could always see her.

"And here you are again, jealous of a ghost," he said as he walked toward the bed, sitting by her side he slowly began to lower the blankets covering her body. "But see, love, I never owned her. Not truly. She was a wife in name only. She cheated and lied. You won't. I don't think you can. You will enjoy being my possession, and will be a good girl for your master."

Katrina's top half lay bare in front of her new husband. He rubbed his fingers along the swells of her breasts. Over the peeked nipples. He praised her responsive nipples before bending down to latch on to one. Sucking and licking it until she squirmed and moaned. "Mmmm, I want these full of milk for our babe...and me."

"Please," she begged as she squirmed under his ministrations.

"Say 'please, master,'" he told her firmly.

"Puh-Please, master," she moaned out.

"What do you want, pet? Use your words."

"Pl-please fu-fuck mmme, m-master," she could barely speak now. Her vocabulary was limited by her swimming brain.

Gabriel lightly bit her breast and moved over her. His face above hers. His features intense and serious. She spread her legs and cradled his still bare cock between her wet folds. Rocking her hips to get relief. Then all of a sudden he pulled back and harshly pushed his large cock head into her tight, cum filled hole.

She screamed out at the quick invasion. He began a punishing rhythm with his hips. Slamming her deliciously sore flesh. He hit the fleshy spot at the top of her pussy over and over, which built up her tension. His mouth took her lips and stole her breath away as she came undone in his arms for the fifth time that night. Her orgasm led to his almost immediately. He growled out during his released near her ear causing her to hold on tight to his body with her arms and legs.

Both satisfied, covered in sweat and cum, laid in the bed catching their breathes. Once their heart rates slowed and thinking was regained, she turned to her husband laying on his back.

"I'm sorry, Gabriel."

"Hmmm? For what?"

"For what she did to you. I know she hurt you and your trust of others. I'm sorry for that," she said sincerely and with a bit of heartache.

"It's nothing you have to be sorry for. Now sleep, kitten," he said groggily. "It's been a long few days."

She tried to find peace of mind before closing her eyes, but she had so many thoughts to process. She was beginning to understand her husband more. But questions still remained. Although she was his, would he ever be hers? Or would she always share with a ghost?