Chapter 17

Reggie's visit was otherwise uneventful, and he hurried back to London after a few days. He could tell he wasn't welcome by the duke. The old friendship wouldn't survive if Reggie did not get his act together in regards to Katrina. Gabriel was very protective of what he owned as he explained to Katrina regularly.

Katrina was also glad her brother left because as promised Gabriel used the crop on her more sensitive areas, and she screamed so loud she was sure the entire house heard her. He started with her wet cunt, and the feel of pleasure was like lightening in her veins.

He tied her up and bound her breasts so they were red and swollen. Then he used the crop to add more color to the already angry flesh. He used his mouth to kiss the strained skin. Katrina was in a completely different headspace where she was nearly mindless. She only wanted to feel and to pleasure.

After several orgasms from her, he unbound her and she fell to her knees to worship his hard cock. It was all she could think about. She did everything he asked until he needed release.

But he didn't cum in her mouth as he did on most occasions where she sucked him off. He pulled out and covered her bruised chest. He rubbed it in with his softening cock, and she continued after he pulled away. It was so erotic as though he was marking her in his scent. So primal.

One evening after another vigorous session, the duke brought up her courses. He had noticed that they hadn't had a break in their sex since their honeymoon.

Katrina hadn't even thought about it, and definitely didn't plan to speak to the duke about it! She was so embarrassed to discuss such a topic. But he was right. Her monthly curse was late - and it was never late.

Could she be pregnant so soon? Would he stop making love to her after he had an heir? Perhaps he won't stop until the "spare" is born. Or the spare's spare. She could not imagine losing his touch and command.

"Hm, yes, I think you may be correct. They usually come like clockwork. Do you think it could happen so soon?" She still didn't even believe her own words.

"Of course. It could happen the first time. It all depends on the timing of your cycle," he explained since she wasn't aware of how pregnancy truly worked. It wasn't like she was taught such things in a school or by her mother. "One day when we no longer want to have more babies, we can even time our sexual activities with your cycle."

"Oh, so we would still have...sex...after we had all the children we want?" She felt so naive.

"Dear, we will have sex until they throw dirt over my coffin. You won't escape me so easily. In fact, it would be my preference that I die having sex," he laughed.

Katrina's heart nearly stopped. She had never seen him laugh or smile like that. It was as she suspected - a marvel. She could look upon that smile all day. That is how she would like to die - watching him smile. Hm, a morbid conversation and thought, but none the less true.

"What the devil are you looking at?" He asked, completely unaware that she was lost in his smile. And now his smile was lost. Drat!

"You have a lovely smile, husband. I had never seen it before," she responded truthfully - although a little weary he may not smile again after the reminder.

"Seriously? I feel I smile whenever you are about," he said seeming puzzled. "I suppose you will have to get used to it now with the baby on the way and my dirty mind working overtime."

There it was again - a smile. She moved in to capture it with her mouth. Maybe she could keep it if she stole it away with a kiss. It was like a siren's song - calling her in to his shores.

They slowly made love. He kissed every bit of her skin. Licked every place that loved his tongue. She worshiped him with her mouth too. From head to toe. They seemed to luxuriate in each other's arms.

Was this what love felt like? It was safe to say neither had ever been in love. In their comfort with each other, were they falling in love?

Katrina never thought she would fall in love. Love was nothing she had truly ever witnessed. Her parents surely never loved one another. They barely tolerated each other. Other members of her family all married for status, and Reggie found love in every person he bed. He wouldn't know love if it kicked him in the bullocks.

She also felt sure that the duke was not looking for love. His first wife turned him off to trusting women, which worked in Katrina's favor in some regards but not when it came to love.

Katrina decided to keep her feelings under lock and key for the time being. No need to scare him off. Perhaps he would say he loved her first. Or perhaps hell will freeze over and pigs will fly.