Prologue- Where it Started

Disclaimer, I do not own PJO/HOO or Marvel. All fictional characters, places, and universes belong to their rightful owners. I don't wanna have to say this at the beginning of every chapter, I'm just gonna say this right here.
Disclaimer #2, I do not have ADHD, nor do I know anyone with it, so this is mainly just a guess based on what I've read and stuff, so if I get something wrong, please tell me and I'll try my best to fix it,

The war was over, it was peaceful.

And boring.

I mean, everyone else had already moved on to the next thing. College, building shrines, visiting family, med school, etcetera etcetera. Everyone had a plan, it seemed.

Well, except me. And to be fair, I honestly didn't expect to come out alive, so can you really blame me?

So, since I have nothing to worry about, I'll just sit in Camp Half-blood waiting for people to visit, right?

Pfft, nope. We're going job hunting.

after many units of the measurement of time

"Pleasure meeting you, Mr. Di Angelo. We'll get back to you this week through text or email," the interviewer said as they stood up and offered me a handshake,

"The pleasure is all mine, Mx. Finley. I look forward to hearing from you," I answered with a smile, standing up to receive it,

This was the second interview I had for an intern with the same company, Stark Industries, in the past month. The first one, they said they would let me know the following week, but it never showed, until they sent me an email saying there was an oversight and that almost all of their data for the new hires was lost, and asked if I would come in again, which I am only just now leaving.

I know, I know, it's a building full of internet and technology, so I can't go in there, right? Well, not quite. You see, I start January (if I even get the job), and it's November. I'm guessing it's so they can do background checks and everything.

But anyway, by January, the Hephaestus and Hecate cabin are confident they'll have finally cracked the code on how to make demigod-safe phones and should be able to nullify the effect for any type of device.

Wait, hold on, curse? When did you figure that out?

~

April 4, 2014.

Dinner was normal, sitting at the Apollo table so Will, my unofficial doctor, can make sure I "don't stay skin and bones," which is a rough translation to make sure I actually eat,

"Have you tried the mashed potatoes? They're so good!"

"Will, I've eaten at least some of everything on my plate, of course, I had the mashed potatoes,"

"Well, did you like them?"

"I wouldn't eat them if I didn't like them to at least some extent,"

"Well, true, but still-"

Good news and bad news,

Good news- Will's lecture was interrupted

Bad news- by a scream

"GAAAHHH!!" It was Russel, a new 15-year-old unclaimed camper who came earlier today, "RACHEL'S SMOKING!!!"

Great.

The Pavilion erupted in "GET A NOTEBOOK" in all of its various forms, some of the more interesting being,

"GARY YOU SON OF A CYCLOPS, GIVE ME MY PENCIL BACK!"