Part 19- A Door Into Darkness

Leo really didn't like climbing. It made him sweaty and sad. No one should enjoy being sweaty and sad. Ladies don't enjoy it when you're sweaty and sad. Even with a big metal dragon to alternate riding on to rest their legs and walking underneath, to rest from the sun mercilessly beating down from the cloudless sky. Where's Zeus when he's useful? Huh?

"Ugh, I hate this!" Drew moaned,

Unfortunately, in order to get to the workshop, they had to suck it up. Ugh.

"Not like we're having the time of our lives." Nico grumbled in response.

Or argue.

"Well to be fair, I wasn't the one that dragged me out here. You volunteered."

"You could've said no, Drew–"

"Could I have though? Really?" Leo decided to ignore the brewing hostility by, well, ignoring it.

"Yes, no one would have judged you—"

I wonder what Beauty Queen's up to? Another pageant, out on the beach? Heheh. Heard her honeymoons going well, maybe— He adjusted his step as the GPS indicated.

"Yeah, sure, like they don't always judge me, whether I'm going on a I'm going on a quest to not. You judge me too so don't act like you're all high and mighty." She growled

— wonder how the cow dude in the river is doing? Oooohuhuhu, how do you get a cow out of a river?

"What? What are you talking about Drew?"

Wet! Heheh, I'm hilarious. Dont mind I stole it from a joke book, who'd know anyway? The little people reading my thoughts? Please, if you're reading my thoughts how about this—

And that's enough from you, thank you Leo.

"Oh please, I can tell, whenever I complain, which, yeah I do that a lot, but—"

"You do." Nico confirmed as he slapped away a rude leaf.

"Will you shut up? I thought this was supposed to be where we bond or whatever. Isnt that supposed to happen whenever you go on a quest?" She complained as one of her faux leather custom boots stepped in a particularly dusty spot.

"We had that befor the quest though, do we really need to do it again—"

"Just shut up, we're here." Drew snapped in frustration as soon as she saw they had come upon a large mechanical bush, a sign to the entrance of the workshop. I dont know why Hephaestus said to look for a bush when there was a big, obvious, engraved, open door right next to it. But all well.

Who really understands gods?

The bush was made to look like a withered hawthorn with Christmas lights in bedded in the Celestial Bronze bark, twinkling for some reason, even at noon.

It was creeping up pushing up against the side of a rough cliff, a weird leafy pile of vines strewn to the side of it, some still hanging on for dear life at the corner of the door. Drew and Nico move in front of Leo as he pockets the GPS, cautiously walking towards the bush, which, upon closer inspection, has multiple broken branches. A worrying feat considering it was a creation of Hephaestus made out of Celestial Bronze.

"Is it really a good idea to go in there?" Drew looked diztastefully at the looming darkness as Nico squatted and prodded the opening with a stick as it silently opened a bit wider.

"Well what do you suggest we do? Only thing we really can do is keep calm, press on, and hate British people." Leo put forth a sound suggestion, shrugging as he walked forward.

Drew's eyebrows creased and her arms crossed as the foreboding darkness bid her forward, promising the same damage as the darkness she'd gone into years before. Though this time, she had companions. Companions she wouldnt trust with a lipstick tube, but there nonetheless.

Nico stealed himself as he pushed it farther open and walked through the door to Leo and his flashlight, his mind trying and failing to block images of that place. The place he was lied to, cheated, sold. But that wasnt here. Here, that wasnt going to happen.

Leo looked around at the big stone walls, and thought, wow, this place is looks like a dragon cave! Ehhh, minus the door and all.

~

This is from a bit ago, but I'd just like to let y'all know, cause I'm sure some don't, that the author can see the reading list you put our books in

This is from a bit ago, but I'd just like to let y'all know, cause I'm sure some don't, that the author can see the reading list you put our books in. I understand the feeling behind this list, but please dont put it as plainly as that. Many authors here(especially of fanfics) are teenagers and young people, and this can be really discouraging. Try a code, or just dont bother adding them to one, this is unnecessary. Not gonna tell you how to live your life, but I can see whatever you add me too(unless it's your Library).

Anyway, sorry this took a hot minute to post, hope it's not horrible lol