Part 3 - Who are you, Nico Di Angelo?

While Nico was somewhere in downtown New York, a certain man with an eyepatch was pacing in his office, trying to figure out a strange young man his attention had been brought to. Just who was this strange young man? A spy, perhaps? An ally? Or was he just what he claims to be, a normal assistant? Too many 'ifs' and 'buts' for the Director to think clearly.

So, just who are you, Nico Di Angelo?

Meanwhile, at Cabin 13.

I landed face first onto the bed and sighed in relief. Though I was definitely better than I used to be, I still had this annoying fear that something would go wrong whenever I shadow travel, and I could end up in China again. Luckily, I usually end up where I want to be. That being said, my mind drifted to the Avengers. 

While I made sure to keep calm, I was also careful I looked and acted scared but was hiding it, after all, being calm in a situation can be more suspicious than being scared, particularly when you're being interrogated by the government.

Thankfully, I couldn't really think about anywhere I really messed up, though the beginning was a little iffy, since my first instinct was to stay calm and dont show emotion, from dealing with dramatic gods(coughZeuscoughcough), but I still think I did a pretty good job regardless.
Just as I was about to get up and go see Will, I see him walking towards his cabin from my window and I shadowed traveled to hug him from behind,

"Gah!"

A shadow of a smile was on my lips after seeing his face go from startled and a kinda annoyed to happy,

(A/N- Its been a while since I've read the TOA books and I haven't been able to read the newest one, so Will might act a bit different than the book, sorry is it bothers you ;-;)

"Neeks! Oh, my gods how are you? Are you ok? Are you hurt? How's your new job? How's Ms. Potts? Did they hurt you? Do I need to go get the med k-"
I put my finger to his lips to stop his worried rampling.
"I'm fine."
He sighed and looked at me sadly,
"I know, but I missed you! And you still need to answer my questions!"
I sigh and roll my eyes,
"I'm fine, I'm ok, I'm not hurt, it's annoying but fine, Pepper fainted due to something in her coffee this morning," I put my hand on his mouth before he could interrupt me with his worried-ness, "but she fine, they didnt hurt me and no you dont need to get the medkit, ok?" I take my hand off.
He nods, "Yeah, ok. But does Pepper need anything? Oh, how about we make her some cookies? Everyone loves cookies! Or brownies..." I sighed and let him ramble about the pros and cons of bringing cookies or brownies.

~

So, Will couldn't decide whether cookies or brownies would be better, so I ended up delivering both. They were in a plastic container in my work bag, and I was going to give them to her either during lunch or while Mr. Stark is in a meeting, whichever comes first.

~

"Oh come on Di Angelo! Pepper's more important than some *beep*-ing meeting!" Mr. Stark whi- "reasoned"

Sigh, "Sir, do you realise that a good chunk of Ms. Pott's workload is because of you missing or rescheduling meetings and refusing to do paperwork? So if you want to help Ms. Potts, I suggest that instead of adding to her workload, you help out by at least doing your own job?"
That, thankfully, shut him up and he trudged to the conference room in resignation.

Now, I just had to find Ms. Potts and give her Will's "be well" gift and I can go on break! Hurray! After about ten minutes of looking, I managed to catch her before going to her "check up,"

"Ms. Potts!"

She turned around in surprise before smiling, "Ah, Nico! How are you?"

I give her a small smile and hand her the box, "Will made you some stuff, fyi, he couldn't decide whether cookies or brownies would be better so he did both,"

She laughed lightly as she took the box of heavenly goodness- I mean cookies and brownies, cookies and brownies, "That does sound like him I suppose. Well, how is he? Have you two started dating yet?"

At the end, my ears turned red in embarrassment, "We've gone on dates, but we're not official..." I mumble, and though I didn't say it, I knew she could hear the "yet" in my answer.

She smiles, "about time, you've had crushes on eachother since you were, what, fourteen? Sixteen?" She teased, making my face go red to match my ears,

"Shut up..."

"Ok ok, I'll stop... for now,"

"Pepper!"

"Haha~"

As we continue to chat, we bump into Dr. Banner,

"Oh! Jeez, sorry 'bout that Pepper and Nico, wasn't looking where I was going..." he rubs the back of his neck, embarrassed,

"It's fine Dr. Banner, I was just about to go on break,"

"It's fine Bruce, and Nico, why dont you come with us, get to know everyone a little?"

I give a look conveying my dislike of that idea, however, she decided to ignore me and drag me over to the medbay with her and Dr. Banner for her check-up.

Which was really annoying, as now I couldn't enjoy my break in peace. (A/N- Fs in the chat for Nicos break, F)

Now I was stuck here listening to the beeping of monitors and Dr. Banner asking Pepper questions, in other words, it was extremely boring.
_________
Heyyy, so I have procrastination issues and writers block at the moment, so sorry for the short chapter, and I'll try to update quicker, but no promises, and if I go a month without posting, plz spam me, otherwise a month will turn into a year and a year will turn into discontinued, and I dont want to discontinue this story, since it's my first published one, and I know how annoying it is when a story you like suddenly stops. Sorry for the long A/N btw,