Part 21- The Story Behind Pepper's Incident

Clio was a bad person.

Well, she would be, if she was a person, as she often wished.

But alas, she was a monster, though, on the bright side, she was a pretty decent monster all things considered. As a Telekhine, hating on the gods and cyclopes is basically her whole life, and certainly, she hated them, they were bad. But... she didn't hate people, or even demigods, really. And when they were brought to another one of Hephaestus's old workshops, she assumed it was once again another plot to overthrow the gods and place someone else on the thrown.

And boy, what she fired up for that!

Ready to be the best worker, best soldier, best bellower, anything.

So why... is it against, people?

They were mortals, why were they brought out to... get rid of them? They weren't bad ones either, she once saw the blue one save a human pup, at the risk of his own life! A truly noble deed.

She can't betray The Pit.

But she can't just let the good people die.

As she pondered this conundrum at the bellows, keeping to the same steady rhythm as her fellow peers, The Orderer came down to find someone disposable for a mission.

"This mission is extremely important for Our Lord's puppet, we must sneak into the people Tower, and put- ugh, never mind, whose going to do it?"

Sneak? Telekhines? Has The Orderer gone silly? Nevertheless, Clio found herself walking forward as her other bellowers muttered. It didn't matter, she would get to see people! And maybe-

~

Clio felt so uncomfortable. 

She was a smithy monster, demigods and sneakier monsters use the Misty, not Telekhines. 

They don't care what the peoples see them as, they rarely do anyways.

But this was a sneaky mission, so Clio had to be a sneakier monster. It confused her a bit, as to why the puppet needed her to put a paper on a desk, but she would comply. It was The Pit's order, of course she'll do it. But... she doesn't have to be too sneaky, right? Just enough to not get caught, but maybe...

In a moment of intellect, Clio decided that surely the good people are smart enough to realize something wrong, if she does it a little bit wrong. 

~

Maybe... that was a little bit too wrong. Clio got scared when the good person fell on the floor and the cup smashed, so instead of being careful and sneaky like she was supposed to do, she panicked and threw the papers, leaving in a fumble as she waved at the recorder with the Misty to forget her. 

But now she must be punished for not being a sneaky monster.

It was ok, she'll be back, just a little late that's all. After all, The Pit can't really read minds, just no monster has the guts to really lie to it, so Clio's mess up won't be punished as much as if they thought it was treason. Just a dumb, not-sneaky Telekhine.

As the hammer swung toward her canine skull to turn her to dust, Clio was glad The Pit couldn't read minds.

Because she hoped the good people won.

BOOM.

The onlookers scattered after Clio's body turned into golden dust, muttering about another shift to cover.

And down in Tartarus, another bulb started to form.

~

Now you see why it didn't really fit with the other part?

Anyway, if you were wondering why these past two parts seem so random, it's just to give my brain a break from the main plot. Idk if any of you guys remember Pepper being knocked unconscious while reviewing intern applications, but that's the incident it's referring to.

And that's the story behind that, hope you enjoyed and thanks for reading :)