Chapter 5

Bloom and Michelle freshened up after their run for dinner. Since it was Sunday, they decided to ask ms. Dowling if they could leave campus to grab Bloom's favorite food from California: Californian pizza. They were, however, unpleasantly surprised when Dowling told them they were not allowed to leave campus for the time being. She would send someone to fetch the pizza.

To say the girls were surprised would be an understatement. Michelle especially didn't understand it, since she was a responsible adult that could for sure look after her niece while getting some pizza. The only thing she needed help with, was getting out of and getting back in to the Otherworld. While taking a breath to protest Dowling's statement, she casted a quick glance at Bloom's pleading eyes to just leave it and sucked it up and gave her order to ms. Dowling. While offering to pay, ms. Dowling waved them off and told them the pizza's will be brought to Bloom's suite. 

Leaving Dowling's office for the second time that day, Michelle couldn't help the odd feeling she got from the older woman's behavior. The only reason she didn't comment any further on it, was that she didn't want her niece to get in trouble and to avoid that she wasn't welcome to stay at Alfea with Bloom. What she didn't know was that she wouldn't be leaving the school grounds for a long time.

Meanwhile ms. Dowling hoped that her good friend's soulmate wouldn't be too suspicious of her because of her not allowing Bloom and Michelle to leave school grounds tonight. Dowling did not want anything to happen to Michelle before she would be able to meet Silva and the only way to insure that was to keep her inside the barrier until Silva came back from his mission. After that, Silva would be able to keep her safe if she wanted to go outside the barrier.