Chapter 9

Wednesday, one o'clock. Bloom, ms. Dowling and Sky were in ms. Dowling's office waiting for Saul Silva. Or at least, Dowling and Sky were waiting for Silva. Bloom still had no clue why she had to be there and was slowly getting impatient because of the odd behavior of the other two.

"Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on?!" At least Bloom got that off her chest. Unfortunately, the silence that followed was even more suffocating. With a short knock on the door, Saul Silva announced his presence and entered ms. Dowling's office. He was also surprised by the presence of the fire fairy and specialist and had the feeling he was interrupting an important meeting. "I can come back later if you're busy?" He questioned unsure. "No Saul, it's fine. Please take a seat. You as well, Bloom" Dowling said. "If I take a seat, will you finally tell me what's going on that's so important that I can't hang out with my aunt before she leaves?" Bloom asked.

"Your aunt is Silva's soulmate and she won't be able to leave" Sky blurted out. "Wait, what?" Bloom asked, baffled, "she's not his soulmate". Silva on the other hand couldn't believe his ears. The woman he's been searching for all these years and he has finally found her. He can't wait to show her how good of a soulmate he can be. He'll give her the world, all she had to was ask and he'll do anything. He'll make sure she will be treated like the queen she is and no harm will ever come to her. It was finally happening. He was even fantasizing about marrying her and they hadn't even met yet. "Are you sure, Sky?" Hé had to ask. He wants to believe that Sky had found her, but he needed to be sure. "100%" Sky replied, and with that the attention went back to Bloom.

Whereas Sky was incredibly happy for his father figure and ms. Dowling for her friend, Bloom couldn't be more shocked and quite frankly in denial. Hence the repeat of her earlier statement: "she's not his soulmate". The little information Bloom learned about soulmates from Aisha made her repeat her statement again, but this time she added "it's not possible, she's human". Ms. Dowling was quick to let the girl know that humans can sometimes be mated to people from the Otherworld but Bloom didn't want to hear it. She stormed out of Dowling's office and went looking for her aunt. That she wouldn't be able to be free to leave the Otherworld for California was because she was a fire fairy. Her aunt was just a human. She had to get Michelle out of here and back to California without running into Silva, Sky or Dowling and she knew just the people to help her with that job.