Chapter 19

"I suppose you can understand that I won't let my soulmate go on a blind date if I won't even let her leave my sight?" Silva asked, slightly pissed off. The thought of his soulmate with someone else made him furious. He didn't want to share her with anyone.

"Oh you think I want to go on that? No, no, no, of course not. It's just some blind date my mom set up for me. I just need to figure out how to get out of that without her getting suspicious. We were just standing so close to each other and I didn't know what to say so I just blurted out the first thing that was on my mind." Michelle quickly rambled. She didn't want to upset Silva. The older man was beginning to grow on her and she didn't want him to be mad at her. 

Realizing that there was nothing for him to be jealous about, he took her hand again and said "Okay, love, I believe you. Calm down." with a small smile. Feeling him touch her again made Michelle smile and calmed her down. "I'm sorry, I'm just a bit nervous. Never really had a soulmate before." Michelle sheepishly said. "It's alright, love. You don't have to feel nervous around me." and then he hugged her. 

Michelle didn't think she could feel any safer than when they were standing so close but this was even better. Their hug lasted a few seconds until Saul suggested they would go pick up her stuff from Bloom's suite and let her get settled at his place. Michelle agreed to that but requested that she would resign from her job and call her mother while still in the privacy of Dowling's office. When Saul asked her if she wanted him to leave he was happy that her answer was the following "No, you can stay. I might need the moral support." 

So she called her boss and told him she would be resigning. That was the easy phone call out of the two. Now she had to call her mom to cancel the blind date she had planned for her. And Michelle's mother was not an easy person to please. 

At the end of the phone call, Michelle was pretty sure her mother had just disowned her. She didn't even know how it got so out of hand. One minute she's telling her she won't be able to make it to the blind date and the next her mother is yelling at her that she has to settle down or she won't get any inheritance. Turning to Saul with a sad look he pulled her into another hug, while rubbing her back and telling her everything will be alright. And at that moment, Michelle truly believed that everything would be alright.