Chapter 21

Saul was a bit nervous to bring Michelle to their house. It wasn't that much, seeing as he had been living on his own for a long time, but it was home to him. Hopefully it could also be home to her.

"So, this is it. I know it's not much, but we can ask Farrah for something bigger if you want." "Don't be so nervous, Saul. It's perfect." And there it was again. That proud feeling in his chest combined with a feeling of relief. His soulmate really was amazing and he couldn't wait to call her his.

It had been a tiring day for them both so they decided to stay in and order take-out. They talked the entire evening trying to get to know each other better and Michelle felt herself already falling for him. When it was time for bed, Saul showed Michelle to their bedroom and retired to the couch. Sleep overcame the two of them easily because of the tiring day.

Until Saul woke up to Michelle screaming in the middle of the night. Rushing to the bedroom he saw Michelle sitting up and breathing heavily he immediately took action. "Are you okay, love? What happened?" "I'm sorry. I just had a nightmare." "Do you want to talk about it, love?" "It was about you. You were going after a Burned One and you got hurt and I couldn't help you. It was so scary, Saul. Please, please promise me you won't get hurt." "Calm down, love. I promise I will be careful. Everything will be alright."

"Could you maybe stay with me? You don't have to if you don't want to." "Of course I'll stay with you sweetheart. Scoot over." So Michelle did. She laid her head on Saul's chest and drifted off into a dreamless sleep. Feeling incredibly safe.