Chapter 17 - The Horrible Truth

I carried the heavy backpack on my way back to the house from the station.

My back was hurting me so bad, my entire body was aching more and more with every step I took. My uncle was right, I should really relax a little more, especially with the poor condition I'm in right now.

The house finally came into view. I felt like I was going to pass out any minute now, with the hot spring sun shining down on me.

I climbed the front porch with slight difficulty and pushed the door open. I just needed to get to my bed.

I passed through the kitchen. It was noon, so obviously, everyone was here again. I didn't even care anymore about wether or not they were looking at me; I just wanted to get to my room as fast as possible.

I heard voices calling out my name too. That was a first.

I stopped for a second and looked at who had called my name. I felt really weak and I really didn't have enough energy to put up my little act right now.

"Where were you."

Huh? Why'd Kaito asked me that? I thought he hated me.

"No...nowhere."

I wanted it to come off as rude but instead, it came out as almost a whisper. I just now realized how much I was sweating and how weird I must look like.

There was a little silence so I decided to continue making my way to my room. I successfully got there without being called out again.

I closed my door, not bothering to lock it, threw myself on my bed after throwing my bag filled with files on the floor and fell asleep.

[...]

I woke up to an alarm. My eyes fluttered open as I set my eyes on my wristwatch.

1:45 PM.

"Shit!"

I got up quickly. I was going to be late to meet Hajime.

I quickly undressed from my sweaty clothes and choose other proper clothes. I opted for a simple navy turtleneck and black pants before I headed out, grabbing my phone and emptied backpack on the way out.

I ran through the hallways and down the stairs. I flew past the kitchen, where I saw a few people, and headed straight to the door.

I got out and ran for my life.

He was living a few blocks away from here, and it was a 20 minutes walk, according to Google.

But it was 1:50 right now.

I cursed myself for falling asleep, picking up a faster pace. I ran for a few minutes before I started to feel tired. I'm definitely out of shape, that's for sure.

But I made it, I arrived on time.

I took the time to catch my breath, before looking at the house in front of me.

It was gigantic, even bigger than ours. But it had a similar look and appearance, so this was definitely the house Team Danganronpa got them.

I walked down the small pathway, looking around me. The trees were neatly chopped into perfect squares, dozens of flower beds rested on the bright green grass. The entire scenery was ultimately beautiful.

I finally got to the door. Taking a deep breath, I knocked.

I replaced my clothes and my cap as I heard footsteps coming.

The door opened to reveal a tall white haired man. His eyes widened slightly and he smiled.

"Oh! You must be Shuichi! Nice to meet you, I'm Nagito Komaeda!"