Chapter 36 - Team Danganronpa

'Ugh... not these cameras again...'

I involuntarily flinched when bright lights flashed in my eyes once more. Shielding myself with my arm, I pushed through the crowd and finally made it to the booth.

Today was the Team's 20th anniversary. To celebrate all of that, there were hundreds of merch seeling booths scattered around, including mine. Thousands of people were here today to take advantage of that event.

The man was waiting for me there with a grin. He'd left me behind when I asked to take a bathroom break and ever since he fired the bodyguards because 'they weren't doing their job right', I keep getting attacked by the crowd.

I replaced my tie, which had been pulled, and neatly replaced my cap on my head, which had almost been stolen multiple times. Some creep even got a hold of it and sniffed it.

"There you are! Now, get here and smile for the cameras for a bit."

He took my shoulders and violently twisted me so I was facing the public. Flashes began blinding me. I smiled uncomfortably until finally, he pulled me away and made me sit down at a booth, where a long, seemingly unending line was waiting in front of it.

And so, I started signing pictures, show screenshots of myself inside the game and merch. Some people even asked me to sign their body. I wanted to say no, but then the man answered in my place, asking for extra money. I was disgusted, people were truly repulsive, who the hell wants a signature on their skin but most importantly, who wants it on their... behind?

I was beginning to grow tired, but then something happened.

"Um... hello?"

I looked up and put on a tired smile for the next fan.

"Hello. Where do I sign?"

"Um, actually, I'm not here for a signature, I just have a few questions... if you don't mind, of course!"

I raised an eyebrow and quickly took a glance at the man.

He was busy talking to other people a little further away, seemingly engaged in a pretty interactive conversation. I turned back to the girl.

"Um, sure, ask away."

She fiddled with her hair and then leaned in closer.

"A-are you... okay?"

I was a little startled by the question. Her eyes were filled with concern, but then she blinked and her eyes widened in a slight panic.

"I mean..! Uh- y-you, I..."

She took a deep breath.

"I just noticed that you look really uncomfortable right now. Are you... actually fine with all of this?"

"Of course he is!"

I flinched violently as a hand was slammed onto my back. I let out a gasp of shock. I totally didn't hear him approach me.

"Mister Saihara here's just having a bad day! He hasn't slept very well yesterday, has he?"

The man looked down on me.

His eyes were threatening and if they were daggers, I would have died on the spot.

I turned back to the slightly terrified girl. I grinned, my lips twitching a little as I did.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine! Don't worry about me, haha!"

She looked from side to side with slightly panicked eyes before looking back at me and nodding.