Chapter 21 - A Mysterious Man

I gulped as I went down the stairs, trying to be as silent as possible.

I passed through the dark kitchen and headed directly to the front door, anxiety slowly building up gradually in my stomach. My body, which had stopped aching a few days ago, was hurting more than ever, I felt like my legs would give out under me anytime soon.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw a dark figure standing just a few feet away from the porch. As soon as I closed the door, he started talking.

"You've got some balls trying to defy me like that."

My eyes widened in panic as I looked at him from the porch.

"Come here immediately."

I held my cap with my hand, bringing it down as much as I could, nervously. I took a few hesitant steps towards him.

And just as I almost reached him, I saw a hand coming straight for me. He slapped me harshly across the face, making me stumble backward a little.

I let out a hiss of pain as I felt my cheek heat up and start stinging. I couldn't help the small tears of pain from forming at the corners of my eyes.

"I've seen what you did. You played the piano TWICE in front of your little pitiful friends and you even went as far as buying them something with your own money. I can accept you working your ass off to help them, but that? Hell no."

He grabbed my face with his hand harshly, making me let out a whimper of pain, and pulled it up for me to look at him. His tall figure stood over me menacingly.

He grinned.

"I hope that slap knocked back some senses into you. Don't forget the consequences of your actions."

He then put another hand to my face and started rubbing my cheek. He wiped the tears off my face creepily. I tried to wriggle free from his grip, but he held my face so tightly I could barely even move. His piercing purple eyes were staring down at me with malice.

I couldn't believe this man was Kokichi's father.

He then pushed my face away, his nails digging into my skin and scrapping my face.

"I don't want you to interact with them at all anymore. I want to see you fall into despair all on your own like the little shit you are. And stop playing that stupid piano too, it's useless and you suck at it."

I felt the tears coming up again. I didn't have the energy to hold them back anymore and just started sobbing quietly.

"That's right, cry for me."

He laughed and then started walking away.

"This is just getting interesting, so don't expect to get out of this soon, my beloved Mastermind! See you later now!~"

I watched as he slowly disappeared into the night, not even looking back once.

...

I couldn't even move. I just stood there, unable to even cry anymore. I just stared at the floor, feeling completely devoid of any emotions.

Shortly after, tears started sliding down again.

'I'm such an idiot. I'm such an idiot thinking I would ever get a happy ending.'

... Am I going to suffer forever? Alone? Without anybody by my side to support me? Without any friends to talk to, or even people to go to for help?

[...]

??? POV

I scrolled on my phone, going through endless pics of the killing game, fanart and even memes about all of us.