Chapter Fifty Two

The room fell silent as your heartbeat hard against your chest, and you were almost afraid that with the close proximity between the both of you, he would surely hear it. His arms wrapped tightly around your petite body. His face nuzzled into your neck as he took deep breaths in to smell your scent that had become a drug to him.

Even though you didn't want to, you found yourself leaning deeper in his arms. Though you don't say it, though you don't want to admit it, you missed this; you missed how affectionate he used to be, how he would always hug you, how whenever you were in his arms, his warmth brought comfort to you and became your haven.

Memories of the past swarmed into your mind; the bright sunny days where he would hold your hand as he walked you home every day from the flower shop, him picking you up and twirling you around with the biggest smiles on both of your faces.

Those were the memories you tried to forget, even if they were happy memories... they were only there to remind you that what you had thought to be the best moment of your life had made you blind and led to your downfall.

"Please stay with me..." He begged, his voice quiet and weak as if he lost you right at this moment he would lose himself too. But you had lost yourself to him, and he never once cared. With this in mind, you pulled his arms that were wrapped around you apart and turned around to face him to which you immediately regret as your faces were mere centimeters apart from each other.

Though you tried to avoid his gaze and his eyes, you found yourself looking into his dark chocolate brown eyes, his eyes that you use to love looking into so much. His eyes used to be void of any emotions, they were always cold and hard, but at this moment, you saw many emotions swarmed in his eyes.

His eyes showed many emotions, but you saw one emotion that you knew all too well.

Sadness.

You looked away from him, turning back around to close your suitcase up.

"I should get going. My father doesn't want me home late." You said, clearly remembering the rules your father had told you before you came here. He had told you to talk to Yoongi about Jungwon, pack your clothes, and then get out. He didn't want you in this house, and you didn't want to anger him after what you had saw him do to Yoongi the other day.

You dropped the suitcase on its wheels and walked past him when his hand grabbed your wrist.

"I know you hate me... but can we at least try to fix things...?" He asked, his voice hushed and weak.

"I love you... don't you love me anymore...?" You sighed and pulled your hand away from his grip.

"There's nothing between us anymore, Yoongi. I'm just the woman you once were married to, and you're just the father of my child." You coldly replied before walking out of the room.

As soon as you left the room, an all too familiar feeling in Yoongi's chest resurfaced. The stingy and aching pain in his chest, the pain that he had become accustomed to. You could say that it had become his best friend.

You were cold to him, didn't want to look at him in the eyes, but he had a feeling deep down that things weren't always as they seem. He saw the way you looked into his eyes, the way you had melted from his touch, the way you didn't pull away from him. He hoped he was correct, and he hoped that it wasn't just his brain messing around with him.

"There's nothing between us anymore, Yoongi. I'm just the woman you once were married to, and you're just the father of my child."

Your words rang in his head. Was he right? Have you moved on? It was ironic. The both of you were still technically married, for Yoongi never turned in the divorce papers... he had been debating for the past couple of days if he should discard the pieces... and keep you captive to him... or should he turn them in...