"And if i fall?"

Riven was standing by a pillar watching Dane and Terra win beer pong when a worried Stella approached him. After the horrible talk she had with him she was worried he was going to do something.
" well have you looked for Bloom? Or better yet Whisper?" I soon as he said Whispers name he regretted it, she didn't deserve the light fairies wrath, but bygones be bygones. " What? Stella asked.
" oh shit! Whoops! No, no no there totally just friends nothing going on 100% no need to blind her" the specialist joked and teased, he was drunk sure, but that didn't mean he wasn't conscious. Stella glared " I wouldn't waste my magic on a changling fire fairy or shadow using freak anyway."
Riven's eyes widened. Bloom was a changling, and Whisper, oh god ' what have I done' he thought. If Stella knew that information who's to say the whole school didn't know. He really fucked up. " Blooms a changling?" He asked hoping to drive the conversation away from the silver haired girl, Stella smiled " whoops." Just then she received a text from said shadow fairy 'burned one. Woods. Help.' The princess looked at her other suite mates at the party. The five starting to make their way to help their friend.

Whisper had chased Sky all they way to the edge of the barrier near the waterfall " Sky! Sky wait a  god damn second! I want to help" Sky crossed the barrier right as Whisper grabbed him. " will you wait two seconds! I'm going to help you kill that thing!" The girl refused to leave him alone out here, and besides she made a promise.
   The specialist looked down at the girl and sighed " fine, but please stay close" he didn't want her in anymore danger than she already was. The two continued running through the woods, Whisper working double time thanks to her small legs. The had reached a clearing when Whisper felt the tug again.
   ' Bloom'  it said. Why would the darkness call Bloom? She's a fire fairy. Whisper had slowed and looked in the general direction it came from " wait, it's so close" she panted. Sky looked at her then around the area, he couldn't see anything but that just made him more on guard.
    It took his sword out and the two stood back to back " I still wanna know why you can track these things" he questioned, " well being a shadow fairy has its secrets, some I could tell you from the safety inside the barrier" she tried to joke. In truth Whisper was terrified, Burned Ones made her life hell long before they came back. Back during the war, Shadow fairies were often Attacked by Burned Ones thanks to the connection in the shadows. So while Shadow fairies could track Burned Ones, Burned Ones could track them, another reason for the annihilation of the kind.
    They stood like that in silence for a few moments, listening. Whisper knew it was here, and Sky believed her, the only question is where?  A growl was herd from the tree near them and the pit looked up to meet red eyes and charred Skin. The burned one pounced sending the duo into action.
   Sky pushed Whisper to the side causing her to fall on the ground, while the blonde fought the creature with his sword. Swing after swing, block after block, he couldn't get the upper hand. The creature kicked Sky straight in the cut causing him to fall to the ground.
   " Hey!! Over here wood log!" Whisper yelled standing up, trying to divert the beast attention towards her. The beast  made its way towards her and got ready to swing it's giant arms, Whisper had fallen backwards in fright 'this is it' she thought ' this is how I die'. Sky scrambled to get his sword he didn't want to loose another friend.
   " Close your eyes!" The heard a familiar voice yell and a blinding light was casted upon the monster. Terra had wrapped in vines while Bloom and Aisha worked together to subdue it. Whisper had regained the ability to think and started shutting down his nerves leaving it eMobile.
   Sky walked up behind the creature and stabbed his sword straight through its chest leaving it to fall down dead. The girls approached the thing with caution. Musa and Whisper on the other hand felt something wrong, " wait. I don't think it's" she never go to finish when the beast sprang back to life.
  Whisper jumped in front of the group and used the shadows to hold it back, it was harder than she thought but luckily for her a light inside of the beast glowed until the beast dropped dead. for good this time.
    The fairies and Sky turned to see headmistress Dowling standing on a rock behind them. " No, it wasn't dead. It is now". After a few moments Dowling escorted the group back to the campus. " now girls go wait by the stairs for me and Sky take miss Whisper to professor Harvey to get her hands fixed up.
   Apparently during Whisper struggling on the ground the girl had managed to cut up her hands. Sky nodded and began to escort to the professor but as soon as the were out of reach he pulled her into and Bone crushing hug.
    " Thank you, so much. I don't know what would've happened if I'd gone alone and-" Whisper decided to cut him off before either of them started crying, enough tears were shed tonight. " oh hush Wonder Boy, I would've done the same thing, besides scratches heal, and I made a promise" she said snuggling into the hug even further.
  There was something about Sky's hugs that just made everything feel safe. Whisper loved it. The blue eyed specialist smiled and kissed the top of her head " still, thank you little shadow".
The two separated and finished the journey to the green house where Professor Harvey and headmaster Silva were. Silva looked at the pair when they walked in, "you two are idiots" he said, the two looked at him " we know" " Stupid, impulsive, reckless idiot" he continued " I know. I know! But is it better?" Sky asked, if it wasn't that whole thing would've been for nothing. Whisper jumped the gun " well professor Harvey is the sass monster gonna be alright?" She didn't care if he was a headmaster, she loved teasing him. The professor smiled a bit at the antics of the Sky and his father figure.
  Sky went in for a hug which Silva gladly returned, the elder grabbed the boys head " your dad would've been proud" and drew their foreheads together. While that was going on Whisper showed her hands to Professor Harvey who wrapped them up.
   " well boys I think I'll take my leave, I've had way to much to drink and definitely to much exercise for one night" Whisper said heading towards the door, " wait just a second Whisp I'll walk you it's late" Sky said, the girl merely nodded and waited outside.
   " I like that one, she's a keeper" Silva said. Sky looked at his father figure in disbelief, " it's not like that she just, she's special, and I'm grateful for her" he tried to reason, Silva nodded and gestured to the door. He knew what was going on, anyone could. Except maybe those two.

The duo approach the group of fairies waiting by the stairs, after seeing whisper they decided to head up and the silver haired girl joined them. Leaving just Stella and Sky.
    The two stood for a moment. " I was awful today" Stella spoke " I'm sorry, just seeing you scared and vulnerable like that... I couldn't handle it." Sky looked at her " I know. I felt it" he stated. Stella took a step closer " you're the only one who knows the real me, Sky." She said their faces were so close the could feel each other's breath. " that's your choice, Stella" he said backing up.
   Stellas faced looked betrayed, " it's not though, I'm the heir to the Solarian throne. If you knew the kind of pressure I'm under" she tried to defend but Sky cut her off " I do" he said harshly, of course he knew. He was always compared to his father, told to maintain his legacy, that he will be a great worrier. He knew all too well the pressure the girl in front of him was feeling " you know I do" Stella looked at him desperate to find some way to make him stay " your strength is my safety net. I need to know it's there if I fall" she stated.
   Sky just looked at her " And what if I fall?" He questioned, he wasn't expecting an answer though. Nor did he get one.  After that the specialist left the light fairy in the Hallway. Alone.

Whisper was laying her bed, thinking about what happened over the course of the night. A lot had happened, she just hoped that it was the end of everything. Sighing she closed her eyes and let sleep consume her.

Oh how wrong she was.