Charles Leclerc ✔

You are still the one that I want

For: Joana_S_05

Inspired by: You're The One That I Want; Johna Travolta and Olivia Newton John

-

Inhale, exhale. One more time. Inhale...and exhale. You got this, Y/N. You are gonna nail it.

You were trying to calm yourself down as one of the make-up artists was doing the final touches on your face. You were just minutes away from the Victoria Secret Fashion Show, and you haven't been more nervous in your life. It wasn't your first time, you've already been a part of a few of them. What is different about tonight is that you are going to enter the catwalk as last. You are going to show off a special collection, everyone's attention is going to be mainly on you. You were used to people looking at you, all the pressure surrounding you, all the rules you have to follow. But this collection is a big deal, it's the most important part of the show. Everything has to be perfect, there is no place for mistakes. 

You were standing in the backstage, watching the models in front of you going to the stage one by one. You could also hear Halsey's distinctive voice as she is providing the music background for the show. You repeatedly took a deep breath and adjusted your outfit called Fantasy Bra. It contained a stunning silver shimmering lingerie and you also had your wings. Seconds ran by, and before you knew it, it was your turn to go. You clapped your hands and took a last very deep breath. As soon as your high heels met up with the floor, all the nauseous feeling magically faded away. Your mind switched to the different, you were completely focused on your job. Halsey was belting out one of the last notes of Without Me when you appeared on a stage. You were confidently walking towards the audience, a soft smile on your face. As you were passing Halsey, she reached her hand for you. You gladly accepted and together you walked to the crowd. When you were just in front of the spectators, Halsey let go of you to give you the spotlight. You flashed a big smile as you were doing your pose, scanning the audience.

Suddenly, your eyes met up with someone's very familiar ones. Your smile grew even bigger as you recognise your boyfriend, Charles. You didn't expect him to show up here as he is a very busy man himself. You two met during the shooting for Giorgio Armani. He immediately caught your attention, there was something about him. You have met a lot of handsome men, but this was different, it wasn't just about looks. You were surprised to find out he is not a model but actually a Formula 1 driver. Out of a sudden, you had a huge dilemma. You liked Charles, and it would stupid to let him go, especially when he showed a major interest in you. But you weren't sure if he is the man for you if he could treat you right. If he would be there for you. In the end, you decided to give it a shot. To say that your relationship is difficult would be an understatement. There was a lot of up and downs, you were on a break several times before coming back together. You were trying to make it work, you wanted to make it work. Although it sometimes looks like a mission impossible.

Right now, you are in the break phase, also known as: We want to focus more on our careers. Despite that, Charles is there, watching your show. You decided to be bold and sent him a daring wink. You weren't able to see his reaction as you already turned around, leaving the stage for Halsey to finish her song. A big weight fell off your shoulder as you entered backstage once again. You did everything you were supposed to do, it was a successful show. After the show, you decided to attend the after-party you were invited to. Now, dressed more casually, you entered the bar, immediately noticing your colleagues already ordering a drink.

"Hi, you are Y/N L/N, right?" You were about to join them when a young guy stepped in your way. You have never seen him before, so you were watching him with a frown on your face.

"Yes, I am," you answered with a slight hesitation, "and you are?"

"I'm Peter, nice to meet you," he introduced himself, "can I maybe buy you a drink or something? he asked, making you raise your eyebrows, "it's just...you really caught my eye and I would love to get to know you better," you were taken aback by his offer. You were looking around to come up with an answer when your eyes locked up with Charles'. He was standing at the bar with a glass in his hand, watching your every movement.

"That's really nice of you, Peter," you spoke up after a while, now looking at the young man in front of you, "but I have my eyes set on somebody else. I'm sorry," you sent him a polite smile before turning around and leaving Peter all by himself.

"Why did you reject that poor boy?" Corners of your mouth curled upwards as soon as Charles next to you spoke up.

"Because of you," you simply answered while leaning against the bar.

"Oh really? Even though we are on the break?"

"Yes. Because you are still the one I want."

"Do you want to try again?" he asked, and you nodded your head with a grin. Without words, Charles moved closer to you and gave you a quick peck on the lips, "I missed you."

"I missed you too. But next time we fuck this up, we are done. I'm tired of taking breaks and I don't have time for it," Charles was stunned by your response but had to agree with you, "I must be true to my heart, you know?"

"I agree. I guess I better shape up to be the man you deserve. You were amazing up there by the way. I couldn't take my eyes off you, you were like a real-life goddess."

"Oh, stop it," you shushed him, your cheeks turning red, "I'm not perfect either. But I'll do my best to be the woman you deserve."

"Now that we made our promises, shall we get out of here?" Charles offered, and you happily nodded your head.

"Yes, please. This place sucks," Charles grabbed your hand, and together you left the boring party. You were walking to your place, enjoying each other's presence. There was barely a person passing you, it was calm and peaceful out there.

"Do you know what day is today?" Charles suddenly asked, and you looked at him with a frown. It was already late evening, the moonlight illuminating his handsome face, "it's Valentine's Day."

"Is it?" you asked, your frown no longer visible, "interesting. I haven't even noticed."

"What if we celebrate it then?"