9 - Lance Stroll ✔

They're not gonna fire you, trust me.

For: BelladonnaTAG

-

"You are not serious, are you?" You yelped while looking at Otmar Szafnauer over the table. You've been part of Force India for years as firstly Nico Hülkenberg's and later Esteban Ocon's PR manager. You love your job more than anything in the world and you also love working with such great drivers like Nico and Esteban. Everything was being perfect until you received a sudden blow. You knew that the owner of the team Vijay Malya owes a lot of money to several Indian banks. But now, the situation is much more critical. The team doesn't have enough money, and your jobs are suddenly in danger. It's awful, you don't know what is going to happen tomorrow. You can get the call any second. You can be unemployed just by snapping the finger.

Luckily the salvation appeared. Lawrence Stroll, father of the Williams driver Lance Stroll. You were so blessed that he decided to give the Pink Panthers a second chance by bying the team. But it wasn't as easy as it might seem. Force India can't be Force India anymore because the license is still with Vijay. The team has to change its name and lose all the points. In the middle of the overall very successful season. What a nightmare.

And there is also another problem. Lawrence Stroll, of course, wants to give his son a seat in his new team. But who should leave? Sergio Perez has wealthy sponsors, claiming that he also helped save your jobs. Which means that Esteban is the unlucky one. But that's not all. It is believed that Stroll can jump in Racing Point (which is a new name for the team) car already in Belgium. Or in Italy. Or in Singapore. Or next year. It depends on his father's eagerness. But it's obvious that is going to happen one day.

"Nothing is official just yet, Y/N. I just wanted to let you know that there is a possibility that you won't be here next season," Otmar sent you an apologetic look. You've just found out that if Lance comes to Forc...Racing Point, his father wants Lance's current PR Annie to take your place. You have all the respect and admiration for Annie, but the thought that she can steal your job is making you upset.

"But why? What have I done? Am I a bad employee?"

"No, but Lawrence wants Lance to with at least one familiar face. And he wants Annie because she has a lot of experiences," Otmar shrugged. You can see that he doesn't want to fire you, but on the other hand, he can't influence the situation. Lawrence Stroll is the one making the final decision.

"But I have been working here for years!" you opposed and ran your hand through your hair in frustration. You couldn't understand what you are doing wrong, why is Stroll being so unfair.

"I know about your abilities and you can be sure that  I'm trying to do everything I can to keep you here. But right now, I can't promise anything. I'm sorry," you briefly thanked Otmar for his effort and quietly left his office. You have been working so hard to get here, and now they want to take it away from you. You called an elevator to get to your office in a Racing Point HQ that is just two floors lower. You needed to have some time for yourself to calm down.

"Hey, wait for me please!" When you thought you finally will be alone for a second, a man's voice spoke up. And to your dismay, it was the devil himself, Lance Stroll. The last person you wanted to see.

"Thanks," he hummed, but you didn't answer and pressed the button. You were both silent, but you noticed that the young Canadian is looking at you more often than he should. Despite that, your eyes firmly remained on the elevator doors, praying that you will finally be there. Out of nowhere, the elevator stopped and the number on the display disappeared.

"No, no," you muttered and tried to push the button again, but without any reaction. It's official, you are stuck in an elevator with bloody Lance Stroll. Can this day get any worse?

"It looks like we are stuck," Lance spoke up and nonchalantaly leaned against the wall.

"No shit Sherlock," you muttered and pressed the button with a yellow bell indicates help, "this is a fucking nightmare," you sat on the floor, knowing that this will take some time till someone gets to you.

"I don't agree. Being stuck in an elevator with a beautiful lady is not that bad," he smirked at you, but you just sent him a glare.

"Not a good time," you snorted and took your phone out of your purse. No signal. How surprising.

"What's your name?" Lance tried to start a conversation, but you weren't interested in it.

"With all the respect, it's none of your business," you glanced at him and shrugged, putting your phone back.

"Oh," he said, "why so?" he sat next to you, but you shifted to the right to keep the distance.

"Because you are the last person I want to talk with," a high level of stress caused you to say things in your head out loud. 

"Oh really? Then sorry that I'm breathing," he snorted, your words offended him.

"I...I'm sorry. It's not about you. Your father bought the team and he wants to fire me," you sighed and leaned your head against the wall.

"Why would he do that?"

"Because you will obviously be driving for Racing Point. It's just a matter of time. And because I'm Esteban's PR and because your father wants you to work with at least one familiar face in a new team, it's obvious who has to leave. Because Sergio has rich sponsors and Annie is much more experienced than me. That's the reality," you wiped a single little tear that escaped from your eye.

"They're not gonna fire you, trust me. I heard about you from Esteban, he is so happy to work with you," you smiled for the first time since you've got stuck here.

"That's sweet, but there it doesn't..."

"Let me try. I'll help you keep your job, I promise. And I always keep my promises. You are too gorgeous to be fired," You were looking at each other without words. You had to admit that Lance is kinda handsome. You didn't even realise that you are leaning toward him, and he is doing the same. But suddenly, the doors of the elevator opened, and two older rescuers were looking at you. You quickly moved away from each other and stood up.

"I'll see you soon," Lance whispered to you and kissed your cheek before he left. Your heart was like a sledgehammer wildly moving inside your chest, looking at his disappearing figure. You cleared your throat before going into your office.

-

"What is that urgent?" You asked Otmar when you entered his office. He called you two days after the elevator thing, sying that he has some news for you.

"Sit and read," he pointed at the papers on the table. You sat down with a frown and started reading. As you kept reading, the frown quickly disappeared.

"Are you serious?" You asked your boss because you couldn't believe the words on the paper. It was a contract. For the neyt season.

"Yes. Stroll changed his mind. You are staying with us for the next year as Lance Stroll's PR. But only if you sign it," he smiled at me, and I grabbed the pen next to me to make a signature. After you were done, you left the office with a beaming face.

There is one thing you can be sure about. Lance Stroll really keeps his promises.