25 - Max Verstappen ✔

If you don't do it, you will lose her.

For sariitiisima

"Hey mate, what's up?" Daniel asked his teammate after they did some team photos. The young Dutchman won the Malaysian Grand Prix, everybody would exect him to be over the moon. But instead of that, he seemed sad and distant, leaving many questions in Daniel's mind.

"Nah, it's nothing important," he just shrugged, looking on the ground. Daniel shook his head and dragged him away from other team members so they can have a private conversation. Max is not just his teammate but also close friend, he cares a lot about him.

"I want to help you, Max. Please, tell me what's wrong. Letting it out will make you feel better."

"It's about Y/N, Max sighed, giving up, "I want her here to celebrate with me." Daniel's mouth opened in surprise, "I miss her."

"Wait...I though you broke up with her." Max's head shoots up, and he glared at Daniel standing in front of him.

"No, SHE broke up with me! She said that she hates all the pressure and stress!" his voice raised, which made Honey Badger flinch, but then he smiled widely.

"Does it mean that you still love her?" he asked. Daniel loved you two as a couple. When you and Max kept denying your feelings for each other, he believed that one day both of you will get together.

"Maybe," Dutchman mumbled, not even daring to look at Daniel. 

"You love her or don't, there is nothing between." Dan teased him a little.

"I still have feelings for her," he admitted, letting out a heavy sigh. He looked up to see Daniel happily jumping around him, which made him frown.

"That's amazing!" Daniel shouted enthusiastically and he tried to hug Max, but the Dutchman pushed him away.

"She doesn't feel the same...so it doesn't matter," he muttered, his arms across his chest.

"Are you sure?" Daniel smirked, his eyes shining with excitement.

"What do you mean?" Max raised his eyebrows, he could sense that his teammate is up to something.

"Wanna bet?" his teammate winked and reached his hand o Max.

"Bet what?" he asked in confusion, "Seriously, what the hell is going on?"

"I can get you two back together," Daniel answered with confidence and Max's eyes went wide, "if I do this, you'll buy me a pizza. If I not, I'll buy it. Deal?" Max hesitated for a while, but then he shook Daniel's hand.

"Deal."

-

You were sitting on the couch and working on your computer. You've just finished watching the Malaysian Grand Prix. Even though you are not dating anymore, you were happy that Max won it, keeping your fingers crossed for him. Although your life is much more peaceful now, you feel that a half of you is missing. You still miss Max's prsence, you definitely weren't over him. Maybe it was stupid to give up your relationship after a year, maybe there was a chnace. But now it doesn't matter now. He is driving around the world and is probably sleeping next to someone else. Suddenly, a bell disturbed you from work. You frowned when you saw Daniel behind the door. You haven't seen him since the break-up.

"Hey, long time no see! What brings you here?" Instead of answering, he walked in and made his way into the living room, "You could have taken off your shoes," you murmured to yourself and went to find that mad man called Daniel Ricciardo, "What is wrong with you?" you shouted when you found him sprawling on your couch, reading on of your magazines. With his shoes still on. 

"I want to talk about Max," he replied and pointed to an armchair, but you kept standing. You were pissed off, Daniel's manners were unbelievable. And talking about your ex is the last thing you would want to discuss. Especially with Daniel.

"This is a closed chapter for me," you crossed your arms over your chest, "and I'm not going to open it again."

"Do you still love him?" he asked out of blue, his brown eyes staring at you.

"W-what?" you stammered out.

"You heard me," he shrugged and moved his eyes back to the colourful pages of Vogue.

"I...don't know," you sighed, but  Daniel didn't even budge an inch.

"Oh come on. You know if you have feelings for someone or not."

"Is this a game or something?" you took him the magazine from him, placing it back on the table.

"Hey! I liked that jacket, it looked cute," he whined and straightened up, "and no, this isn't game. I liked you two as a couple, okay? And I feel like you gave up too quickly. I'd love to see you again together, that's all," he shrugged, "I think you have a potential."

"Well...I think, I still love him." you simpered a little, "but I doubt he does, so..." you weren't able to finish your sentence as Daniel hastily got up and left the room,"where are you going you idiot?" you yelled after him but without any success. You sighed, what is it today with him?

"If you don't do it, you will lose her forever, so move your ass here," you could hear Dan's voice coming from the distance. Out of a sudden, he showed up again, this time with Max by his side.

"Great. Now, tell him the same you told me," he smirked and before you realised it, he was gone. You were awkwardly standing in the same room, your eyes flickering all around.

"Ehmm...hij," you softly greeted him, not really sure what to do.

"Hoi," he answered, and nervously scratched the back of his neck, "do you happen to know what was Daniel talking about?" You came closer to him, and connected your lips. He was surprised but kissed you back immediately, pulling you closer to his body.

"Can we maybe...try again?" you asked, and Max nodded his head with a smile. You squeaked and wrapped him into a tight hug. Then Max's phone ringed, indicating a new message. Max broke apart and looked at the screen. He laughed a little which made you raise your eyebrows.

"What are you laughing at?"

"Ah, nothing."

What was in the message:

Daniel:

You're welcome. And my favourite pizza is Margherita :))