Chapter 9

"Y/N why are you so clumsy?" your mum asked while peeling the band-aid off your knee. She squeezed some disinfecting cream onto the wound and began rubbing it in. You winced while taking a peek at the gash.

"Oh I don't know mum, it was an accident!" You reply annoyed, your mum always had a habit of chastising you every time you got injured. Sure you were grateful for her concern, but sometimes it was really just too much.

"Tch, stupid girl."

"Gee thanks."

"Don't talk back to your mum."

"Wait what- I wasn't-"

"There, that should do it. Now shoo, your mother has housework to do." She grabs the mop and continues wiping the floor.

You exhale heavily and head up to your room.

***

Begrudgingly, you pull out the worksheets from math class earlier today and study them. Sakusa must have predicted that you were going to be in need of his help as he had even written a few short and simple explanations on the side for you to subconsciously copy down.

Thanks for indirectly telling me that you think I'm stupid I guess... you begin rereading the notes while replicating them down into your book, making sure you fully comprehended what was going on. His descriptions were short, simple and straightforward, he had made it clear as day how he had gotten to each step.

If Omi is this good at math... why did he ask me for help? Does he like me or some- no. No no no no, shut up, stop daydreaming and do your work. He probably just wanted to spend more time together as completely platonic friends and didn't know what to do...

You hum the tune to a random song you've heard somewhere and go on with studying.

Y/N, you're such a hard worker... Sakusa scrutinised you, taking in every detail while snapping a photo of you resting your head against your palm.

Sakusa inserts a finger beneath his mask, sweeping his finger tips in a peeling motion feeling for the lip gloss you applied that was still there. In his mind, he could still see the concentrated look in your eyes with your mouth slightly parted so clearly as if he was looking at a picture. It got him excited.

You slowly went through all the questions on the worksheets, and with the help of Sakusa's little notes, you were able to finish right before 10pm. Leaning back on your chair a little and yawning, you think about your ravenette friend. You sort of felt guilty as you've misjudged him a lot in the past, thinking he was some stone cold monster because of the stoic expression he always had on. You giggle a little at the remembrance of the first day you met him, even now, he came off as intimidating sometimes. Sorry about that Omi Omi, it's just... you're a little scary sometimes...

You think back to what had happened earlier today and realise how Sakusa was just probably really tired from carrying you and was just doing an amazing job at covering it up. Though it made you want to slam your face into the table, at the same time you couldn't help but internally gush over how cute it was. He'd be such a wholesome boyfriend...

You remember the feel of his powerfully built body against yours, he had the lingering scent of fresh laundry despite just having run a few laps. Oh wait, he didn't even run, because I was too slow. Nevertheless, it was comfortable laying there in his arms, his hold felt stable and safe. He was also surprisingly gentle when treating your wounds in the infirmary, apologising every time he thought he'd hurt you. The memory made you grin. Omi-Kun is so sweet...

***

"Kiyoomi-Kun, you've been going out quite a lot nowadays, where have you been?" Sakusa's mother asked while he ate his rice.