Love

Anisa's POV:

I blinked to make sure I wasn't in a dream. The person standing in front of me, face flushed, cheeks red with a strange confidence in their eyes looked back at me. His voice didn't waver once as he let out his feelings and maybe that was the main reason why I still couldn't believe what I had heard.

"You're not pulling a prank on me again, right?" I finally found the strength to speak up.

I had fear in my heart that he was just playing around again. Or maybe I was trying to prepare myself for the worst.

He shook his head, his hand still cupping my face. "Does it look like I'm joking?" he asked. I shook my head as my arms wrapped around his neck. "No." I stooped in even closer and placed the side of my head on his chest, his heartbeat filling my ears like thumps of a drum.

His scent welcomed me and my thoughts wandered back to the first time I had been that close to him. "Ali…" I trailed off. He was taken aback for a second but then he enveloped me into his embrace and hugged me tightly. "Yes, Anisa?"

I looked up to him, still in his embrace. His face was only a few inches away and I could take in his every feature. "You don't know how happy I am to hear that." I started, knowing it was my turn to let out my own feelings. A look of relief washed over him but he didn't say anything.

"I don't know how to say this but..." I paused, not knowing what to say. He looked at me expectantly which made me feel very nervous.

"I...I love you."

I felt a big burden get lifted up from my shoulders. My body started to feel light and my shoulders loosened up. Finally, he knew. And the little sparks that were flying in my tummy grew.

His eyes widened as he looked a little shocked. As if he wasn't expecting my confession at all but who could blame him?

He suddenly took me by my shoulders and looked straight into my eyes.

I stared back, frozen for a second. Before I knew it, his lips touched mine and I was taken aback. Still in a trance, my legs stuck to the ground and I didn't move.

The moment we shared was sweet but emotional, as if letting out our  feelings all at once. Slowly, my hands went around his neck and I closed my eyes, remembering that he was my husband and it was okay to touch him like that.

I felt his hands reach my waist and he gripped it tightly. When I finally pulled away, he stopped abruptly to look at me.

I was very nervous and he looked like he was too but somehow he coped with it better than me. The look in his eyes was intense and it made my cheeks burn a crimson red.

"You really know how to make a guy's heart beat fast." He said which made me blush even harder, his eyes twinkling with mischief. Before I could think about what he was going to do next, he kissed me on my cheek.

My eyes opened wide and a gasp escaped my mouth, not expecting the gesture. "Ali!" I cried out his name in surprise and stepped back, my face burning. At that, my back hit the wall and I looked behind me then back to him. He had a smirk on his face that made me feel even more shy.

"Is there something wrong?" He asked, knowing the answer well. With widened eyes, I answered quickly. "Stop!"

To that, he just smirked with a sly look on his face. "Do you want me to go away?"

I looked down at my feet without giving him an answer, incapable of facing him. I still didn't reply when he spoke up. "Oh well, if that's what you want then I can't help it." He turned around on his heels and almost took a step forward.

I didn't know why but my hand fell out on its own and grabbed his sleeve loosely. He stopped and looked behind, at me. "I didn't say that." I said shakily. His lips curled up into a smug grin and he walked towards me again as if knowing that I would stop him.

"So you finally admit it, huh?" He said, putting his hand on the wall behind me, getting closer. I kept my gaze on the ground. "I know you're teasing me again." I told him. He put his hand under my chin and lifted my face up so I could look at him.

"I can't help it when you make a face like that." He ran his thumb on my cheek and looked at me so intently that it made me want to drown into the ground away from it all.

I glared at him but didn't say anything. "By the way, you look much cuter like this." He pointed out making me shake my head in disbelief at how bold he was.

"You finally admit that you love me." He whispered in my ear sending tingles all over my body. I turned into a red tomato and my hands automatically covered "You always have, haven't you?" he smirked backing away a bit. I quickly shook my head. "That's not true! You're the one who always liked me!"

He chuckled a little before swooping in to pick me up in bridal style, catching me by surprise.

"Hey!" I cried. He looked down at me with his eyes glinting with mischief.

I gulped but my mouth didn't let me say a single word of refusal.