Girl Drama

Anisa's POV:

"Let's go on a date after school." Ali said out of the blue. "A real one this time." I stuck a pin inside my hijab to secure it and moved to the bed to wear my socks. His eyes followed me as I got ready for school. "Where will you take me?" I asked to which he fell in thought.

The idea sounded great to me and I didn't mind spending more time with him. But, I still felt so shy after what happened. I didn't know how he could act so casual about it.

"I didn't think about that yet." he admitted but then he perked up. "We'll have coffee at the shop right down the street. I've been there before with—" then he stopped.

I saw him think twice about completing his sentence. I raised an eyebrow at him. Before he could change the topic, which I was sure he would, I asked him; "With?"

"Oh it doesn't matter who I went there with. It's a nice shop, that's what I'm trying to say." it seemed as if he dodged my question which got me feeling curious. I turned myself towards him after I was done wearing my socks.

Even though I still felt so cautious and shy around him, I couldn't help but get a feeling that he didn't want to tell me who he had gone there with and I couldn't hold myself back.

"If it doesn't matter then you would have no problem telling me, right?" I said to him. He rubbed the back of his head nervously. "I don't have a problem telling you about it. I really don't." he replied, hesitating.

I narrowed my eyes, leaning forward to look at him properly.

"Tell me, then." I said. I noticed the troubled look on his face before he turned away quickly. "It was Brianna. I went there with her." my eyes widened at that piece of information.

Slowly, I put my hands on my sides. "And why, may I ask?" My voice was calm. I would be lying if I said I wasn't feeling a bit jealous.

Especially because Brianna was one of the prettiest girls at school. She was also popular and I had heard many people saying that she would be a good match for Ali before he and I got married. Of course, at the time I didn't bother about it. I would say that it was the least important thing to me then. But now?

"It doesn't matter anymore, right? That was ages ago." he dodged the question again. I shook my head. "It does matter. And since you're resisting so much, it tells me that something is not right."

He sighed in defeat. "We went there for a date." he finally confessed. Even though I was half expecting that answer, it still made me mad. Seeing the look on my face, he quickly added. "She asked me out and I went with her to impress my friends. We made a stupid bet or something. I don't even remember it."

I nodded knowingly and pulled myself back, putting on my white sneakers. "I didn't know you guys made bets to go on dates." I said. No matter how much I tried to resist sulking, I couldn't hide it completely. He looked a little embarrassed when he said, "We like to joke around. You were part of a bet once too."

That caught my attention. Not sure whether to feel angry or surprised, I looked at him with curiosity. "Really? When?" I asked. He shrugged.

"Andrew said that he could convince you to have lunch with him. Of course he failed." he replied. I realized that he was talking about the time when Andrew approached me alone and was about to make a move on me.

I shuddered at the thought.

"I hate that friend of yours, Ali." I told him which made him start laughing. "I'm not joking! I really hate him. He's always trying to hit on me. And being with you always gave him an advantage!"
Hearing that, Ali got quiet.