Anisa's Jealousy

Anisa's POV:

With my hand under my chin and my head resting on my hand, I was lost in my thoughts. My mind was stuck at one scene and the question I had was killing me with curiosity.

Did Ali mean what he said? Did he really love me?

That was the question that was roaming around my head the whole day. It was the second period and as much as I wanted to focus on what the teacher was telling us, I couldn't bring myself to think about anything else other than Ali.

"I love you, Anisa."

His words replayed in my head again and I sighed dreamily. But, was it real or not? As I was busy daydreaming, Mr. Brown's eyes fell on me. His brows deepened into a scowl. "Ms. Malik. I'm asking you," he called out from afar. His loud voice made me snap to reality and I sat up straight.

"W-What?" I looked around as if I had no clue about what was happening.

"I just asked you the answer to this but you would know only if you had been paying attention." He spoke bitterly. "This is the last time you're spacing out in class, young lady," he warned but I just glared at him. It wasn't a big deal.
I frowned. "Sorry," I didn't want to apologize but I had to because it was my fault.

When I thought he would leave it and turn back to teach again, he continued. "Why don't you tell us what I've been teaching for the past ten minutes?" He knew that I wouldn't have an answer to that but he still said that to embarrass me. I turned my hands into a fist, hiding it under the table.

I quickly thought of an excuse as he waited for me impatiently. Everyone in the room had their eyes on me and they were enjoying every bit of it. "Well?"

"I'm not feeling well, Mr. Brown." I lied. That wasn't the best excuse but it was the only thing I could come up with. Mr. Brown just looked at me challengingly but he knew that he couldn't say anything to that. "If you're sick, then go to the nurse's office. Kindly, don't disturb my class."

his voice had a mocking tone and it was obvious he was taking advantage of being my teacher to humiliate me.

"Thank you, sir, but I'll recover soon. It's just a little headache." I tried to hide my annoyance but all in vain. He just gave me a dirty look and turned back to the board, which I was thankful for.
I rolled my eyes and turned to the whiteboard which had stupid math equations scribbled all over it. It looked like a beehive. And I wasn't exaggerating. My mind was lost in the equations as Mr. Brown scribbled more on the board. Nothing entered my brain but I tried my very best to listen attentively.

Suddenly, I felt a paper hit my head. I picked it up from the floor and spotted the person who sent it. He was sitting far from me, to my right with a smug expression. He was leaning on his chair like the time when he fell. With an uncontrollable smile, I opened​ up the paper with curiosity.

"Wanna have detention together again?" My eyes read out the words written with messy handwriting. A little wink face emoji at the end of the paper didn't escape me and I just shook my head in disbelief.

The old me would've glared at him but the new Anisa, who was a completely changed person, quickly wrote something and threw it back to him. My eyes didn't leave him as he read the paper, a smile forming on his face.

He gave me a thumbs up and I turned towards Mr. Brown again.
Not a while later, I felt another paper fly my way. "I had fun in detention with you." His handwriting was neater. I rolled my eyes playfully. "Except for the fact that you were responsible for it." I wrote back.

Expecting him to laugh, I was a bit surprised when his smirk faded and a look of guilt flashed over his face.

I instantly regretted writing that.
"Sorry for that," he wrote. I motioned to him that it was okay. Before I could write anything else, the bell rang and I heard Mr. Brown telling us to practice the book exercise at home.