Confession

Ali's POV:

I couldn't decide whether to feel happy about Anisa's sudden explosion or not. My heart was beating fast and I could sense jealousy, although I didn't want to give my heart unnecessary hope.

My heart started to beat even faster when she said that. "What?" I asked her in disbelief. She turned away, trying to hide her face. "Let's just go."

She was looking at the ground as if it were the most fascinating thing ever. I told myself that she accidentally blurted it out.

Just then, she turned her head to face me again. "I meant what I said!" She said in a loud voice, biting her lower lip. Her words were giving me new expectations and I was trying to think about other possibilities. "I can't say it. It's not that easy for me." I heard her mutter to herself.

What was she talking about?

In all honesty, if girls confessing to me got her that worked up, I wouldn't mind doing it everyday just to see if it fazed her or not. I smiled inwardly at the flushed expression on her face as she fiddled with her fingers with her eyes sparking with embarrassment.

I understood that I could only get that much of a reaction out of her.

"Okay, let's go." I finally said, not wanting to make things awkward between us. She nodded hesitantly and we both walked to the parking lot.

As I got in the car, I saw her looking at the main gate of our school while standing outside the car with the door open. "What is it?" I asked her. "Nothing." she quickly replied and got in. As much as I tried not to think about it, I couldn't help myself.

The question she asked next cleared my doubts and my hopes fell. "Did something happen in the morning between you and Andrew? I tried to keep out of it but..." She looked at her laps, embarrassed. That told me that she wasn't really bothered about Arena or whatever her name was, confessing to me.

But she didn't. I started the car and drove out of the school, with my hopes shattered. I thought about the question she asked me and I felt like I needed to tell her.
"Yeah, we did. He just told me that I was getting crazy and that I needed to change back into the person I was blah blah. We just had a little fight."

I told her with hand marks. She raised her eyebrow. "About what?" She questioned. "About being together with you. I knew it was coming so... No big deal." I told her simply.

She nodded her head and looked out the window. "I am sorry about what happened back there." She admitted. "I don't know what you're talking about." She looked at me. "For creating a scene in front of you. Even though I despise her, I should've waited and told her off when we were alone." She said.

I shook my head. "I don't know what happened between you two so I can't judge. And besides, you don't have to apologise to me." I assured her. She sighed.

"I just got... A little jealous."

I almost thought that I was getting deaf. I blinked twice to process her words. "What?" I asked in disbelief. At that point, I was getting a little fed up. Was she toying with me? Did she know what her mixed signals were doing to me? Was it her way of taking revenge for what I did?

"I..." She trailed off. I noticed her confused look and she seemed to be in an inner battle with herself. Finally, I spoke up. "Look Anisa, I know you've been wanting to say something. Just say it already!"
"You tell me first." Her voice was rising and I was surprised by her quick reply.

She wasn't shy anymore. "What do I have to tell you?" I asked. She narrowed her eyes at me in a funny manner. "What do you think of me? Do you like me or not?" She blurted out.

I stared at her, shocked. My jaw was wide open, touching the car floor. I was going to lose control of the car but I quickly got it back. It was my turn to get nervous. A knot tightened in my stomach and I gulped the lump forming in my throat. I didn't know Anisa could be so bold. "Of course I like you." I told her, generalizing it.

She muttered something under her breath. "No, I mean...like a..." I saw a blush forming on her face. And it was a sight to see. She bit her lip again making me want to engulf her into a hug but I restrained myself. "Like a girlfriend or wife." She said. "Not just a friend."

I took a deep breath. Thankfully, we had reached home and boy, was I relieved? My heart was beating fast, not because I was nervous but because I was scared shitless. I quickly parked the car before she forced me to answer and got out. "Well, we're here." I told her. She scowled and got out of the car.

I rushed upstairs, hoping she would forget everything that happened in the car.

I walked into the washroom first. Taking a nice and long shower, I hesitated to come out. What if she still remembered? In that fear, I stayed inside doing much of nothing but I didn't stay for long. Suddenly, I heard Anisa's annoyed voice. "Get out already! I'm​ waiting!" She shouted behind the door.

The only good waiting in the bathroom did to me was give me confidence. I found new courage and  accepted my fate. If she didn't like me back, I would just win her. She didn't have any other way. After all, she was my wife.

My cute, short tempered, big hearted wife.

I got out and was met by her disapproving look. "Finally," she muttered.

I gave her a cheeky grin and walked to the bed. Opening my Facebook, I saw that there was so much about me and Anisa being together. Some of the comments were like:

"I can't believe it! You must be kidding me, right?"

"What an unbelievable pair. I thought they hated each other."
"God knows what'll happen next."

"I hope monkey's don't start flying after this. This world is full of surprises."

A smile automatically spread on my face. I couldn't say I disliked the attention we were getting. It felt good to be recognized as a couple even though we weren't exactly one. I heard the knob of the washroom door click and Anisa walked outside.

My eyes followed her as she made her way to the mirror. The water dripped from the tip of her hair and her clothes hugged her body. Suddenly, blood rushed to my face and I started having weird thoughts. She caught me looking at her to which she looked away quickly, her cheeks tinted with a pink blush.

She involuntarily folded her arms over her chest to hide herself. "Don't look at me like that…" she finally said with a shaky voice which made my skin tingle. I looked away but my eyes found their way back again. Her fresh out of the bath state was a sight to see. It made me think whether I had ever seen a girl as beautiful as her.

The night of the wedding crawled back to mind. When she was in her beautiful wedding dress, one made for a queen, nothing in my heart moved. I felt nothing. But if I could go back to that day, I would definitely make it one to remember all our lives.

I stood up, unable to control myself and walked towards her. She tried looking away but couldn't.

When I finally reached her, I took her by the shoulders and turned her towards me. Her cheeks got redder and she almost jumped from my touch. My fingers crawled up to her face and I cupped her face with my hand. Her smooth skin rubbed against my rough one and I realized how dainty she was.

She looked at me expectantly, her eyes asking a thousand questions. "You asked me whether I liked you, right?" At that, her eyes widened a little and she slowly nodded.

I took a deep breath, the fear of rejection buried somewhere far but not totally out of reach. But her standing so close to me, forced me to say whatever I had been hiding for the past few days.

"Anisa," I heard her heart fasten its pace when I called her name. "You don't get it, do you? You're so oblivious it's like you're doing it on purpose." I continued. "You do it to see how much I can take it. How much more I can be silent about what I feel for you." her face started to glow and she opened her mouth to say something.

"I love you, Anisa. I love you very much."