The Truth Is Out

Anisa's POV:

I had no idea why I was beginning to enjoy Ali's company. It was a little weird and I couldn't exactly put my finger on it. The date he was talking about was just a stroll in the school garden where the gardening club was. As per his promise, we were back before the next class started.

Honestly, I felt so giddy inside.
The whole time, he was teasing me and I just gave him my sassy comebacks in return. That was the first time I didn't get annoyed by him because it looked like he was really just joking around. I had to admit, I started to understand where the other girls of the school were coming from. Ali was the perfect boy.

He was handsome, charming, funny and romantic. He was only lacking in religion but I had been noticing that he was working on his prayers. I quickly shook myself out of my thoughts.

I wasn't gonna waste my time on this. Finals were up soon and I needed to study. But deep down, I didn't​ want to. I somehow wanted to just relax at home and go on more dates with Ali—

Oh for God's sake, Anisa! Shut up!

"Oh Allah, Where is he?" I crossed my arms over my chest, tapping my foot impatiently.
I was standing in front of the main gate, waiting for Ali. It was his stupid idea that we walk home that day. Even though I actually liked the sound of it, I was getting impatient as the minutes went by. As I waited my mind wandered off to Usman. He had left the house earlier than both of us saying that he had some work to do in his dad's company.

I thought about how sweet he was. He was almost like one of those prince charmings who would lay their lives for the princess. Then I suddenly remembered the nickname Ali started using for me. The word princess sounded so nice when he said it. And whenever he used it for me, I felt so special.

"You, terrorist!" I was shaken out of my thoughts as that high pitched, piercing voice filled my ears. I turned my head on instinct. I rolled my eyes as the distant figure storming towards me, stood in front of me and blocked my view.

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Yes, Brianna?" I shot her a fake smile to which her scowl deepened and she narrowed her eyes at me. "You sneaky little slu*!" She cursed as she pointed a finger at me accusingly.

To be really honest, the intense hatred in her eyes actually got me feeling a little scared but of course, I wasn't one to back off if she wasn't. I kept up my cool. "I thought you would think twice about trapping him but no! You turned out to be sneakier than that. Just because he gives you the time of day to bully you doesn't mean he's interested in you. Don't get too cocky about yourself!" She yelled in my face, taking a step forward.

She glared at me and I couldn't help but think that if looks could kill, I'd be 15 meters in the ground already.

"Look, calm down will ya? I don't unders-"

''Don't play dumb with me! I know everything about all your schemes and conspiracies." She narrowed her eyes at me, cutting me off mid sentence. At this point, I was getting angry. I could feel my blood boiling and I rolled my hands into a fist to resist the urge to give her a hard slap on the face.

She opened her mouth to yell a few more accusations when she got interrupted.

"Brianna!" Both of us turned our heads upon hearing the order. "A-Ali?" Brianna quickly back away, her angry expression fading. Ali stood before us, crossing his arms over his chest. "What's going on over here?" He demanded, looking at her.

Brianne quickly looked away, avoiding eye contact. I decided to clear my part. "Well, Brianna stormed up to me in a rage, demanding answers. And I don't have a clue what she's talking about." I explained briefly, keeping my calm and knowing somehow that Ali would believe me.