Settling Down

Anisa's POV:

I woke up in the morning at 5:30 am for Fajr prayer. Looking around the room, I got scared for a moment thinking that I was kidnapped or something. I then realized that I had gotten married last night. My eyes fell automatically at my left side.
I almost jumped out of bed when I saw Ali laying there, sleeping without a worry in the world! I took a deep breath. Only a couple of days ago, I had slapped him across the face and It felt as if that was ages ago. And now, both of us somehow ended up getting married. 

To be honest, last night wasn’t all bad. I had never gotten that close to a  man in my life. What if I was married to a total stranger? I would have been screaming the hell out of myself right now, literally. And I was not even exaggerating. Even though, the situation I was in at that moment was no less than a crazy, never ending nightmare, I was much better off. 

I dragged myself to the washroom, still sleepy. Last night was long. Doing my wudhu and brushing my teeth, I stepped outside, preparing myself to see Ali waking up for prayer. Instead of seeing Ali crawling out of bed, I saw him still sleeping.

I thought he would wake up eventually and I didn't need to be his alarm. Finishing my prayer, I noticed he hadn't even moved from the bed. 

Oh no, Mister! No matter how tired you are, prayer was priority. 

I stomped towards him. "Hey, Ali! Wake up! The Jamma'at (gathering for prayer) is almost over!" I said in a loud voice. He didn't seem affected in any way. I tried shouting at him. "What is it?" He groaned in his sleep. He didn't even open his eyes.

"Get up for prayer!" I ordered. "What's the time?" He asked in a sleepy voice, still asleep. I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. "6:15 am!" I gasped. Salah was going to be late!! I went to the washroom and filled a small bucket with water.

“Looks like I'll have to use force.” I whispered to myself. What better opportunity did I have than that to get back at the jerk?
I walked towards him again with the filled bucket in my hands, smirking. I poured water all over him. He jumped up and fell over me due to shock. He had fallen over me and  both of us were on the ground. "Get. Off. Me... Can't. Breathe." I said between breaths.
God! He was so heavy. He got off me instantly. I started breathing normally again. Putting a hand over my chest, I slowly got up. "What's wrong with you, woman?!" He asked me, angry. I glared at him which seemed to scare him a bit. "I am not a WOMAN!" I shouted at him. He suddenly put his hands in the air for defense.

"Sorry, sorry. But what's with the bucket of water?!" He exclaimed at me, anger returning. I glared at him again. "What happened to prayer?" I questioned him. He raised an eyebrow. "Leave it. I'll pray tomorrow." He said, tiredly climbing back to bed. 

I shook my head. "Oh no you're not! Don't you know how important prayer is?!" I asked him, putting my hands on my sides for effect. He snuggled inside his pillow. "No," he simply said. I had enough of him now.
"Ali, I am telling you. You're not going to sleep before praying and that's final! I can’t with a man who doesn’t pray." I said calmly but firmly. He got his face out of his pillow and glared at me. "Fine!" He grumbled and go up. I smiled at him. "Now, that's a good boy." I said to him. He rolled his eyes.

I felt awfully pleased with myself. I got into bed. I had 40 minutes until 7:00 and I had to get to class before 9:00. 

I woke up and hurried to the washroom. I looked at Ali before leaving. Did he really pray or not? I went to sleep after that. Then my eyes spotted the prayer mat spread across the floor. I was sure that I had picked  it up after praying my  Salah.

I smiled to myself. He really did pray. 

After getting changed, I walked out of the washroom. I saw Ali waiting for me. "Hurry up! I also need to get ready for school!" He said, hurriedly. I nodded. 

Wearing my shoes, I grabbed my bag and headed downstairs for breakfast. I saw my new father in law already sitting there. "Come, come." He called and I went. Giving me a kiss on the forehead, he patted my back. "Sit down and tell me what was the noise coming from your room so early in the morning?" He asked me. 
I laughed and told him everything. He started laughing after I stopped talking. He gave me a thumbs up. "Great work! Because of that I am starting to feel less guilty now." Dad said. I raised my eyebrow. "What do you mean?" I asked.

He sighed. "Don't get offended but your father is a really stubborn man. Long ago I had taken money from him. When he asked me to return them, I didn't have a good job at all and couldn't return the money. He made a deal with me. He said that I would marry Ali off to you when he turned 17 years old. I agreed, having no choice. A few days earlier, he told me that it was time for me to fulfill my promise. I knew that Ali would never agree to get married with  a total stranger. 

I tried to convince your father. Now, that I could easily pay him back for my debt, I told him that I would give him the money. He refused, saying that I was breaking my promise. I tried everything. I told him I would even give him double if he wanted. He still flat out rejected me. 

To be honest, I was really surprised when I got to know how badly he wanted you to get married at such a young age. Your father is a really weird person, no offense of course." Dad finished his little story. 

I nodded, realizing that I shouldn't be blaming anyone else but my father, as always. Why did father want me to go? Did he really despise me that much? It was a mystery and I didn't intend to find out either. Just then, Ali came to the breakfast table.

"Morning," he said. "Good morning, son." Dad replied and I did the same. "I'm ​starving!" Ali stated, rubbing his belly. "I heard she made you pray." Dad said to Ali, grinning. Ali glared at me. "Since when did you become the annoying one?" He asked me. I shrugged.

"Dunno." 

Dad turned to face me, a serious look on his face. "Look, Anisa. You're more precious to me than Ali. If Ali hurts you or annoys you in any way at all. Tell me and I will punish him. When I get to know that you haven't told me something, I would be very hurt." Dad told me, seriously. 

Ali turned to look at me. "Of course, she wouldn't say a bad word about me, right Anisa?" He asked, grinning. I fake smiled at him, widely. "Of course, darling." I said, sarcastically. Dad laughed. "Remember Anisa, I'll make him pay so bad that he'll be begging you for forgiveness." Dad said, glaring playfully at Ali.

I smirked. "Sure, daddy dear. I promise I won't let you down." I said to him, smirking at Ali. 
God! I was going to have so much fun.