The Funeral

Ali's POV:

"Open the door, Anisa. Come on!" I knocked once again. I tapped my feet impatiently on the ground as I waited outside the room. "I'm not going to." Came her reply. She sounded so pissed it was almost scary.

That day had been the second day I spent outside my room. I managed to take a shower in Usman's room but he wasn't home that day. I tried speaking to Anisa but she avoided me every time. We even went to school in separate cars. She went with the driver while I drove myself.

I knew it was high time that I cleared up my part for whatever I did.

"Please!" I called out.

"I need to take a shower. I don't have my clothes with me either." I tried reasoning with her. "Take a shower in Usman's room like you were doing before!" she replied.

Honestly, I was surprised she knew how I was coping. It made me realize that she had her eye on me despite being upset.
"He's not at home today and he locked the room too!"

There was silence for a few minutes before the door knob clicked. A victorious smile spread on my face as the door opened, revealing Anisa with an aloof expression. "You're leaving after taking a shower." she ordered and I nodded. "Okay, ma'am."
Honestly, she looked so cute when she showed sass. Her half shut, unbothered eyes were faking it but it still looked so adorable.

"I'm closing the door if you don't want to come in." she shook me out of my thoughts and I quickly walked in. I went straight to the bathroom and took a shower as promised. I felt so relaxed being in my old setting again. When I was done, I walked out with a towel around my neck as water dripped from the ends of my hair.

Expecting Anisa to kick me out again, I stood there when I saw her talking on the phone.
"WA Alaikum us salam. Yes, this is Anisa Malik. Who are you, sir?" She asked. I guessed the call had just started. I went to sit on the comfy bed availing the opportunity and listening carefully to their conversation. It was a guy.

"What? What do you mean? Is he dead?" She asked, shocked. I could hear the guy say yes. Anisa nodded knowingly. When I heard her mention someone's death, I sat up. Anisa didn't know many people. And if it were one of her family members, she would've been shouting and crying by now. I quickly muttered a low prayer that everything would be alright.

I heard her sigh before she cut the call after a last "thank you". I turned to her, expecting answers. "It's dad's funeral. Please get ready. We're going to Asma Baji's house." She told me simply as if it were no deal.

My eyes widened. "Mr. Malik? Let's go!" My heart started beating with fear. Even though he wasn't my father, I was feeling very scared. Scared for Anisa. She wasn't responding like she was supposed to and her expression had become blank. Changing into some suitable clothes, I rushed to the car. Anisa followed when she had put on her Abaya and hijab.

After getting into the car, I kept my gaze glued to her. Her silence was scaring me and I didn't know how to react. I wasn't sure what to say to her that would help her feel better. Her father had passed away and it wasn't a small thing.
After a twenty minute ride, we reached. It didn't take us long to go inside the house. I saw a lot of cars parked outside. Stepping inside, Imran was the first person we met. Unlike Anisa, his face was speaking a thousand words. The dark pool in his eyes and his pale skin made it clear that he was depressed.

Despite that, he managed to greet us with a fake smile. He took us inside to where Asma baji was. As soon as I saw her, my heart ached. Tears were rolling down furiously and her face had turned a complete crimson red color just like Anisa. "Assalam u alaikum, Baji. I'm so sorry for your loss. May Allah bless him and grant him a high place in Jannah." I tried to sound as assuring as I could but nothing I did changed that helpless expression of hers. Anisa smiled at her and gave her a hug. Asma Baji put on a fake smile.