Beauty and Grace

--------Jack's POV--------

I wasn't sure how long it had been...but without Rose, it felt as if my life was a house in the middle of a tornado.

I was being sucked up and up, higher and higher, until I was dropped back to reality...the reality that she was gone.

We were supposed to get married and have children, Rose and I, not Amy and Jamie and I.

I spun the glass of wine in my hand and thought about the smug look on Mike's face when he took my mate away, and the look of terror on her face.

She didn't want to go with him, it's the only explanation. Why else would she leave with him?

Suddenly it felt as though my heart stopped beating and my temples beat aggressively.

Amy knelt down to me, my heart was throbbing with pain, my neck seared and my muscles bunched up in knots.

What the hell was going on?

"Call...doctor." I managed to sputter out before I blacked out.

••

"Don't you have like nurses for that?"

Jamie's voice rang through my ears as I sat up in bed.

I made noise to signal that I was awake and at once the doctor entered with Amy and Jamie.

"Alpha Jack...you're not going to like this."

I sat up straighter.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"It's Rose, she's accepted her new mate. That was the pain you were feeling earlier."

She explained, before I could question her further I reflected on her words.

"She...she felt this pain?"

I asked and she nodded.

"The pain you experienced was only a fraction of what she felt. Mating another wolf is a very traumatic thing for a mate to have to go through."

She explained.

"Does this mean she's mated with him?"

I asked after moments of silence.

She shook her head.

"No...but she's in the process of doing so."

I narrowed my eyes, I was going to have to stop them, whatever it takes...she would not mate with him.

---------------Rose's POV----------------

Michaelangelo had marked me, the second his teeth grazed my skin I knew... I wanted nothing more than to be his forever.

This time however I was willing, so I had accepted him along with my wolf and...whatever other side I had.

"Michaelangelo?" I called from the kitchen as I finished the dishes.

"Yeah, right here."

He said as he walked around the corner with a laid of sweatpants hanging low on his waist.

"Please put some clothes on, it's really distracting."

He chuckled and walked back into the room and came back out twenty seconds later.

"Alright...what is it you wanted to tell me?"

He asked as he sat on one of the stools at the bar.