Possibilities

-Rose POV-

We must have been holed up in the hotel room for days before anyone but room service came knocking on the door.

Michaelangelo looked up from his pancakes with a furrowed brow.

"Are we expecting someone?"

I questioned.

He shook his head and grabbed a pair of pants from the floor before slipping them on and twisting the handle of the door.

"Hi is there a Rose Burnett here?"

I quickly became intrigued at the sound of my name and I walked up behind my mate.

"That's me, is something wrong?"

The man I recognized as one of the members from my old pack turned his attention to me.

"Rose."

He bowed and I became confused at his sign of respect.

I wasn't Luna to him or Michaelangelo's pack, so why keep the politeness?

"I've come to discuss matters pertaining to my Alpha."

My eyes widened and I nodded to Michaelangelo, he opened the door wider.

"Please sit, would you like anything to drink?"

I offered.

"No it's alright, I won't be here long. Listen, I know we never really got close when you were Luna but I really thought you should know.."

He trailed off as he stared out at the snowy storm outside.

"Know what?"

Michaelangelo questioned.

"Alpha Jack, he's lost his mind. The women he married, he lets them control anyone and everyone. It wasn't really a problem until my wife spoke against them and he moved to have her executed."

He hung his head and I felt my eyes widen in shock.

"I talked him out of it, but...there's just something off about him. He talks to himself, he's constantly in between shifting and staying sane, his wolf...I think it craves more power."

He continued, I listened to him speak about the atrocities that occurred and what Jack had allowed.

"Your wife...is she safe?"

Michaelangelo asked.

"As safe as I could get her. After I talked him out of execution he wanted her chained in the cellar and wouldn't settle for less so I fled with her. We left a few days ago and haven't looked back, once we crossed the border I made sure to inform all surrounding pack Alpha's of our intent."

I nodded in understanding as he stood and cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry if I was intruding, I just really needed you to know."

He looked to me.

"It's alright, I'm glad you came here. Who is your wife? Did I know her?"

He nodded.

"She's Ellie. The pack doctor."

The same woman who told me of Jack's "decision".

"There is another thing before I go.."

I turned to face him once more.

"Ellie told me before she left that Jack was planning something- something big. She said, he's looking for some powerful female. The male that attacked our Alpha left him in a sorry state and now he's obsessed with becoming the most powerful Lycan."