Breaking Walls

------Rose's POV-----

I went to wipe the blood from my lips as I stared at Malachi in front of me but found that there were no traces of blood anywhere on me.

She smiled bitterly at me until her expression turned a bit more sympathetic.

"Rose."

She sighed.

"If only you'd listened to me."

She started to walk and I followed.

Once again we arrived at her village, she led me to her hut and gestured for me to take a seat, I nodded and sat around the fire she had burning.

"Marak...come."

Malachi spoke and my eyes widened as I dared to turn and face the man who had produced my mate...produced my everything.

The first thing I noticed about him were his eyes, how they were a deep brown color, how Michael had the same ears as his father...and their body shapes were almost identical.

The faint outline of a smile could be seen through the rough exterior of a man underneath the war paint he bore.

"Rose."

He spoke, I nodded unknowing what to do.

These were stories I grew up with, legends...fairy tails come to life.

I almost felt like crying, I wanted to tell my family of Malachi, of Marak and my mate....but here I was, stuck in this world.

"Rose, there is much you must learn before the war between worlds, you are capable of more than you know. My son...I've missed most of his life, I-I admit that I never loved him how I loved Nonotoka. My first born...he was my everything, and I regret never spending enough time with Mora-Michaelangelo, but after Ninyanak took him away from us...I wanted nothing more than for him to be with us in this afterlife. I wanted to be the one to tell him, bring him here and tell him it's alright."

He hung his head, Malachi taking his hand.

"I just...I need more time. Please, please just let me have him for myself, only for a little while. I can't promise you that no lives will be lost in the war of worlds but... I am a Lycan, I cannot survive without my love. I need him, but I understand my duties, and I will- I'll...die."

I had trouble with the last word, but managed to sputter it out without choking on my own tears.

"We can see Moraoro inside of him, he has turned into a monster...I mean no offense towards the Lycans but, Moraoro is a warrior, we never wanted him to be reborn as a werewolf. But...I know he loves you, and we will give you time with him. However, when the time has come for your inevitable death, Rose Burnett, you will come, you will not respond to Moraoro, no matter what his pleas are, no matter what you leave behind...you cannot escape death."

Malachi spoke, peering straight into my eyes, right into my soul.

I nodded.

"I will not disappoint you."

I narrowed my eyes for emphasis, guaranteeing my word.

She pulled a knife from her boot.

"A blood bond...just to be sure."

She cut her hand, holding the spewing blood in the palm of her hand before passing the blade onto her husband who had done the same and then unto me.

The sting of the blade as it cut across my hand made me clench my jaw as it slid across slowly and I watched as Malachi tucked the blade back into her boot and nodded at both Marak and I.