Worth Fighting For

-----------Rose's POV-------------

                      I didn't know what to do or even think the moment he gently ran his fingers over my cheek.

I stared into his light brown eyes and immediately felt relief wash over me, but that relief was short lived.

Fear washed through my body, I did not fear Michaelangelo, I was afraid of the man who stood behind him.

"What is going on here?"

He growled as Michaelangelo turned around to face him, keeping my hand in his.

"Alpha Jack, it's always a pleasure. I want to thank you for inviting us once again this year, if you hadn't I might've never met this glorious creature."

He turned back to me with adoration in his eyes and brought my hand up to his mouth, placing a kiss on the back of it.

"What is that supposed to mean?"

Jack questioned as he narrowed his eyes.

"Well, as you know I've been mateless for a very long time. Thanks to you I no longer have to look any further."

It took Jack a few moments but when he finally caught on to what was happening he snarled in anger.

"No!"

He exclaimed as reached for my free arm and pulled me towards him.

     "She's mine."

He growled at Michaelangelo and held my arm tightly, pushing me behind him.

"Let me go, Jack." I growled.

He looked at me in shock, never have I ever given an order to Jack.

"What? You would go with him? Over me?"

He asked.

"It wasn't so hard for you to choose them over me."

I replied, nodding towards his brides.

"I-I...you two are mates?"

Michaelangelo's question hung in the open air before I sighed and faced him.

"Were, we were mates."

"This isn't just like a-a human divorce. This is real, it's going against Fate."

"We aren't mates anymore because there's no spark, Jack broke our bond when he mated two other females."

I explained quietly.

"What the hell were you thinking? Don't you know that if you mate any other females besides your true mate she could die?"

He asked as he simultaneously pulled me close to his side.

     "Wh-what? My wolf is strong so I assumed she would be fine. Sure I knew that she would be a little hurt but I thought she was ok with it."

Jack tried to explain.

"Rose, you need to tell me how you feel. Are the effects of what he's done still wearing down on you?"

Michaelangelo turned to face me as he asked me this question.

"I still feel when he touches them or makes love to them but, it's wearing off day by day."

I replied, it still pained me to say those words. The man I thought loved me, loved two other women. I was nothing to him.

"Do you see what you've done? She's grown weaker because of you."

Jack stood there dumbfounded.