Battle of the Potters (61)

Immediately after we took off we were ambushed by numerous death eaters and even Voldemort. The sky was completely lit up by spells flying left right and center. I found myself stunning or trying to stun several death eaters who shot spells at me that missed me by inches. 

Within a couple of minutes, we had all separated and I only had sight of Tonks and Ron and Remus and George. At one point I was distracted by a falling body that just missed me then a death eater flew right next to me and nearly grabbed me. He was only stopped by a spell shot at him. I turned to see who had done it when I saw Snape. 

Although he didn't know who I was I could see he wasn't shooting any spells at us and only at death eaters. I kept flying and watched as Snape tried to shoot the sectumsempra spell at a death eater behind Remus missing him and hitting George instead. I gasped and flew down stunning the death eater Snape had missed. 

"Go!" I heard Remus yell when I was about to approach them. 

I knew he was right so I kept flying and finally passed the protective layer around Aunt Muriel's house. I landed and kept looking up for any sign of anything. Frustrated I ran inside where Aunt Muriel was waiting. 

"Have Tonks and Ron arrived?" I asked looking around. 

"Not yet dear you have to go the pPortkey is about to leave." She insisted ushering me towards it.

"But-" I tried arguing looking at the front door hoping Tonks and Ron would come in at any second. 

"They'll find a way dear now go!" She ushered. 

I could feel myself starting to change back to my usual appearance as I unwillingly grabbed the Portkey and seconds later I was spinning. I fell hard on the grass. 

"y/n!" I heard two voices. I looked up and saw Molly and Ginny running towards me. 

"Where's everyone else?" I asked worried, looking around. 

"I was about to ask you the same thing," Ginny said. 

"Ron and Tonks missed the Portkey," I told them 

We then heard footsteps on water and I turned to see Harry and Hagrid. 

"Where are the others?" Molly asked them. 

"There's no one else back?" Harry asked looking at me. 

I shook my head. 

"They were on us right from the start Molly, we didn't stand a chance," Hagrid explained 

I could see Molly's concern increasing. "Well thank goodness you three are alright." 

Hagrid and Molly were walking back to the house. Ginny and I walking towards Harry. 

"Ron and Tonks should've already been back, Dad and Fred as well," Ginny told us both. 

"George was-" I was about to tell them what I saw when we saw a flash of light. 

"Here! Quick! Into the house" I heard Remus voice. He was holding George up who was covered in blood. 

Harry and I ran to help Remus. Once we were inside and Remus laid George on the sofa Remus took Harry and pinned him against the wall. 

"Remus!" I screamed. He shushed us. 

"What creature sat in the corner the first time Harry Potter visited my office in Hogwarts?" Remus interrogated Harry. Harry began to question "What creature!" Remus yelled. 

"A Grindylow," Harry replied. Remus let go of him. 

"Voldemort knew you were being moved tonight, I had to make sure you weren't an impostor," Remus explained. 

Another flash of light and a loud sound. We all ran outside. Kingsley and Hermione were back. I was about to run forward and hug Hermione. 

"Wait!" Remus stopped me. He and Kingsley pointed their wands at each other. 

"The last words Albus Dumbledore spoke to the pair of us." Kingsley interrogated. 

"Harry is the best hope we have. Trust him," Remus replied. They both put their wands down. 

I ran forward and hugged Hermione. "Are you alright?" I asked her. 

She nodded out of breath. We then saw another two flashes. Bill, Fleur, Ron, and Tonks were back. I ran to hug Tonks. 

I watched Ron and Hermione hug as I ran to hug Fleur and Bill. 

"Deserves that. Brilliant he was. I wouldn't be standing here without him." Tonks explained. 

Another Flash. Fred and Arthur were back now only Moody and Mundungus left. 

"Where's George?" Fred asked. He turned to look at me and I gestured for him to go inside wearing a look of pity. 

Everyone walked back inside. We all watched as Fred kneeled down beside his brother. 

"How are you feeling Georgie?" Fred asked his twin. 

"Saint like" George replied. I furrowed my brows. 

"Come again" Fred whispered confused. 

"Saint like" George replied a little more clearly. "I'm Holy...I'm Holy Fred...Get it." George pointed at his ear earning a laugh from a couple of us. 

"The whole wide world of ear-related humor and you go for I'm Holy? That's pathetic." Fred laughed.

"I reckon I'm still better looking than you," George added. 

Bill then walked forward. "Mad eye is dead" He announced. The atmosphere inside was too much, I walked outside. 

___

I had been sitting outside just looking at the distance and feeling the cool breeze contemplating the situation of the wizarding world. 

"You alright?" I heard Tonks voice behind me. 

"Not really," I told her truthfully getting up and standing beside her. 

"You're not planning on going back home are you?" She asked me. 

"I have to Tonks, you saw what happened here today. Harry being with you all is enough danger you don't need me to add to it." I told her. 

"You know he won't let you go right?" I turned to face her "Remus." She told me calmly. "He loves you y/n, like his own daughter. He's already lost so much, Dorcas, Marlene, Lily, James, Peter, Sirius, Albus, Moody. He can't bear to lose you too." 

I felt my eyes water and I nodded slowly acknowledging that she was right. "Tonks what am I supposed to do? I have to help, I can't just sit back and watch as everyone else dies around me." I tried to contain my tears. 

She held me. "I know. 

Remus walked out. "my two favorite women." He smiled and wrapped his arm around us both.