The End of Year (p4)

The next few weeks were fairly boring and normal. I was doing well in class, I was actually enjoying my Advanced Potions. I realized Snape had taken an indifferent attitude towards me which was a success for me. 

The school was pretty much how I had expected it to be, full of mysteries and well...learning. I still hung out most of the time with Neville, Seamus, and Dean and every once in a while I would hang out with Harry, Ron, and Hermione but that would last less than 10 minutes since they were always running around doing something they probably shouldn't.

I had been writing to Mom and Dad quite a lot telling them about the sorting hat, Advanced potion classes, my friends, the troll, and anything really that had happened to me while I was at school. I always got replies from my mom within days of sending her my letter but with dad, it was quite different. He did write back, except for him it took him a couple of weeks.

The last Wednesday before the end of the summer term I was leaving the DADA classroom on my way to my Advanced Potions class when Seamus ran beside me.

"Hey, Can I walk you to the dungeons?" he asked me politely.

"Sure," I smiled. 

"So it's our last week here." He was awkward.

I nodded and gestured for him to go on. 

"I'm glad we got to know each other a little this year y/n." He said shyly this time. 

"Me too Seamus. You're an amazing friend." I told him at the last few steps to the dungeons. 

"oh, hmm, yeah...friends...I have to be somewhere" He muttered before running back up the stairs.

I stopped and looked forward for a couple of seconds. Confused about what had just happened then continued walking down the stairs.

"And what did you do to Finnigan?" I heard an amused voice behind me.

"I have no idea," I replied thruthfully.

We both continued walking down the stairs and before I could push the door open, Malfoy shoved past me and walked in in front of me instead. I laughed.

I had learned to deal with Malfoys ego. Since our first chat together he had not thrown as many snide remarks to me as he did to everyone else who wasn't in Slytherin. He was incredibly smart, and when he wasn't around Tweedledum and Tweedledee he was actually bearable.

We didn't talk much during the Advanced Potions class, but we were both always early so that's when we did chat a little, though it mostly consisted of us throwing snide comments at each other.

**Time Skip**

At the end of year feast, the Gryffindors seemed to be quite annoyed and upset as everyone knew we were the house in the last place for the House cup. I realized that Seamus had been avoiding eye contact with me and was even avoiding speaking to me. I soon got bored of the conversation so I started looking around the tables and my eyes landed on Malfoy, who was staring back at me. As soon as he saw me look he quickly looked away.

**Time Skip**

We were now boarding the Hogwarts express to go back home. As much as I loved Hogwarts I couldn't wait to spend some time with mom and dad again. When we arrived at Kings Cross station I saw mom and dad standing outside.

Once I stepped off the train Mom and Dad saw me and they rushed over to me. Both of them embraced me into a tight hug. I was pleasantly surprised to see dad there, I hadn't expected him to be able to get off work.

I looked further down the platform and I saw Draco with his parents, he turned and gave me a quick wave. I saw his dad look at my mom giving her a strange look. My mom soon grabbed my shoulder kind of hard guiding me to the exit. Draco and I gave each other rather confused looks.

We got into the car and drove back home as I told them about how my first year at school had been. Mom seemed particularly interested in knowing about Harry's adventure with The-one-who-must-not-be-named, I tried diverting the subject a couple of times but she seemed keen to know all the details.