Nicholas' POV

''...You're welcome''

I was walking past the classrooms to the library when I heard Mr.Zane talking with Veronica.

Veronica had been a nuisance since childhood. Always lurking around Xavier, clinging to him whenever she got the chance.

I never considered her side. I knew Xavier didn't like her, she knew too.

But in just a matter of minutes Zane had explained to Veronica what we 4 had been trying to forever.

He sympathised with her and explained with great empathy and sensitivity.

When I first met him I didn't like him. I didn't like that I couldn't see through him or his face at all. Then he embaerssed me and my friends in front of everyone. I thought he was haughty and rude

Yet the conversation I heard has changed my perspective of him. 

I knew that my thoughts were prejudiced. I wanted to be by my friends' side, which made me hate him for saying what was actually correct.

We couldn't see his whole face but his eyes, his eyes they were as blue as clear water, they were enough to tell his mood. I could see when his eyes hardened in class when he was scolding us and how they were soft when he was explaining what to do to  Veronica. How  his eyes were full of excitement when he taught us.

His eyes spoke for him.

On my way home in the carriage I found myself remembering his face. which caused a blush to form on my face.

Why was I blushing? I slapped my face. HE's my teacher, teacher!