Chapter 3 | The Savior

Almost a week later ....

It was early in the morning when Yibo woke up. Rubbed his eyes, got up and went to the bathroom. Later, Yibo went down to the kitchen. He was drinking a glass of water when he heard the front door open.

"Zhan, is that you?" asked Yibo after turning in the direction of the voice. But there was no answer, he just heard the door close. After a short wait, Yibo turned back to the sink. But then Yibo saw through the kitchen window that Zhan was walking outside. Zhan was wearing a black jacket and jeans.

Although at first Yibo did not think of anything suspicious, but after the sound of the unexpected thunder, a bad feeling caught him. He didn't know why, but he had a feeling that something bad was going to happen.

 He didn't know why, but he had a feeling that something bad was going to happen

Then leaned forward, leaning on the counter with one hand, looking at the sky. He was greeted by the sight of gathering dark gray clouds that were like smoke without fire spreading over the towering trees. It was almost unnatural. Yibo stared at Zhan again...and Yibo was shocked.

Zhan walked straight down the beaten path into the woods. Yibo dropped the glass, quickly turned and ran out of the kitchen to stop him in time. When he was just at the front door, Zhan had long been among the trees until he finally disappeared through the foliage.

Yibo wanted to call him, but when he opened his mouth, he remembered how angry Mr. Xiao would be if he found out what his son had done. And he didn't want to get Zhan in trouble. Instead, he ran after Zhan as fast as he could, straight into the depths of the forest. He ran and ran in the direction Zhan was heading. when he was far enough away from the house, he began to shout his name.

"Zhan!..Zhan!...ZHAN!!"

He shouted the boy's name but no response was received.

"Zhan,...Zhan, where are you? Zhan, can you hear me?"

After a lot of running, Yibo stopped. He gasped exhaustedly, meanwhile watching left and right, hoping that Zhan would still answer or notice him somewhere. But nothing happened. After a pause, he set off again, calling Zhan again. He went deeper and deeper into the forest.

Suddenly the wind intensified, and the sounds of thunder seemed louder and louder to his ears. He crossed his arms and rubbed his shoulders. He shivered slightly.

"God, ... where could he go? And why did he come here at all if he knew it was forbidden?" He says softly. Yibo could not understand Zhan's decision.

Taking a few steps, Yibo stopped after hearing the twigs crackle not far behind him. The gray, cold environment intimidated him as he was alone in an unfamiliar terrain where the beasts might have been watching him while already lurking. He turned slowly back and saw a man standing opposite him, barely a few feet away from him. He was in a black dress from head to toe, his hood folded over his head, which darkened his face.