Chapter 16 | 'Good to see you again'

The air in the room was almost bone-cold. But even that didn't stop Yibo from going any further. Since it was early evening, very little light filtered through the window, but just enough to notice the person sitting on the floor whose heart Yibo wanted to see again.

Yibo stopped before he could enter the circle.

Zhan sat on the floor, leaning against the wall, his gaze to the window, but his eyes were closed. His face was pale, with thin red blood vessels around his neck and jaw. Zhan's short dark brown hair was now long and night black with some red streaks.

 Zhan's short dark brown hair was now long and night black with some red streaks

( imagine it that way.. * )

At that moment, Yibo longed to hug him tightly. Those few days without Zhan seemed almost years to Yibo. But Yibo calmed down now.

No matter how much Yibo wanted to get closer to him, he couldn't because now Zhan was really dangerous, as he had said to Yibo before - this Zhan isn't himself now, it's not his Zhan right now.

Yibo knelt down slowly, then reluctantly, but spoke.

"Zhan ..."

Zhan, hearing Yibo's voice, opened his tired eyes and slowly tilted his head to the other side. He looked straight into Yibo's eyes, then smiled faintly.

Yibo, seeing his smile, would have been happy about this and would have smiled back, but he didn't - because he saw Zhan's eyes. Zhan's eyes were a strong shade of red, stronger than when he had seen them before. Zhan's demonic side now takes Zhan completely under his control, and now it's almost as if he doesn't have a soul.. And it broke Yibo's heart.

"Hi, my angel. Uhm, ..." - Zhan leaned forward a little. - "Oh, it's so good to see you again." - Yibo didn't answer, Zhan narrowed his eyes slightly. - "Oh, what's wrong? Maybe you're not happy to see me again?"

"Of course I'm glad ... I just didn't want to see you again in that state, .. not in what you're in now ..."

"Oh, don't say that, Yibo .. Don't talk about me as if I have a disease. I'm totally fine. In fact, I still feel like I'm really alive. It's just these chains..." - Zhan raises his hand, pointing the chain at Yibo. - "...so heavy, my hands hurt, my skin burns. Maybe you can help with this by coming closer and taking these off me...or...." - Zhan sees Yibo not moving - "...maybe you're afraid of me?"

"No. I'm not afraid of you,... I'm just afraid of losing you."

"Really? And what do you think will be the end of this? I'll stay here with you and give up everything, just like my father did long ago?"

The demon grumbled and leaned closer to Yibo again, and chains were slightly tensed to restrain the raging Zhan. So Yibo was just a few steps away from Zhan.

Zhan's face was grim and dark, his eyes were missing all light and love, and only wickedness was in them.

"The old demon king gave up his throne, he betrayed his breed and could easily resign from his strength

"The old demon king gave up his throne, he betrayed his breed and could easily resign from his strength. And why? All this because of a human...!! But I'm not and I will never be like my father who was cowardly and weak. I am the Demon King now and I will not remain just a half-demon forever. For nobody's sake!..Because I don't need anyone!" said Zhan.

"You're wrong! Mr. Xiao, your father is brave, for though there might even have been a war with this action which he did, he took the risks of his decision. He accepted and endured the many hatreds and rejections he received from his people and others. He was willing to sacrifice everything just to be with his family. Everything he had, he gave up for his love and for his son - he did all this for you! Zhan, your parents are willing to do anything for you.. And I will do this too. I will fight for whom I love...and to protect you, I am willing to give up anything, either my power or my life. For me only you count, nothing else."

After a minor break Zhan smiled and laughed at a little.

"So,...do you never give up, right?... Well, let me ask you something." - Zhan's smile suddenly disappeared, and he stared at Yibo with a cold glance. - "Do you believe that everything will be better soon? Because then I will tell you that there is no happy ending. Only darkness and death."

Zhan started laughing wicked as he relying on the cold concrete wall and turned his head toward the window.

Yibo still, silently watching him. But when Yibo just got up, he heard Zhan suddenly stop laughing and hissed softly but painfully. Yibo noticed Zhan clutches his own right wrist. As Yibo wanted to get closer to him, suddenly someone grabbed his shoulders and stopped him.

"Yibo, I think your conversations are over here. Now come out." said mr. xiao, standing behind Yibo.

Yibo stood up and went out of the room, and Mr. Xiao followed him. Meanwhile, Zhan did not look at them once. After Mr. Xiao closed the door, he grabbed Yibo's arm and pulled Yibo to the corridor.

"So you do not plan to cross the circle, right? Or forgot why the symbol is there?" asked Mr. Xiao, he was a little nervous.

""No, I didn't forget that. But Mr. Xiao, didn't you see what I did? Zhan is in pain...He has a problem with his hands and I just wanted to help him."

"I know this very well, but do not forget that he is still a demon, and you are not yet fully aware of your skills. So if just when you touch him and you accidentally bring out your light or wing, you can easily do a lot of damage with it... I can keep Zhan in check with the chains now, but only you can keep your power under control. I can't help too much with that."

Their conversation was interrupted when a knock came through the main door. After a little silence, the sound of strong, dull punches echoed everywhere.

"What's going on? What is this?" Yibo asked.

"This is an attack."

Then they walked to the end of the hallway, then Xiao and Yibo stopped, away from the main entrance, and just watched the door shake slightly after each major blow.

"Yibo, do what I say now and don't object..." Mr. Xiao said softly, then stepped forward, standing defensively in front of Yibo. Mr. Xiao knew very well who was behind the door and why he wanted to break into the house this way.

But even before Mr. Xiao could continue or Yibo could speak, the door opened with great force and slammed into the wall. As they held their hands defensively in front of their faces, they heard a familiar, dark laughing voice.

"Surprise!" The man finally said, standing at the door, waiting for Yibo and Mr. Xiao to finally look at him.

-------------------------

There aren't too many chapters left and the book ends....

...however, if you see that the story is good enough so far, it is possible that the book will have a short sequel or more ... since, there are a few more undiscovered secrets for Yizhan.

* --anyway, I saw the idea and the picture for Zhan's hair on twitter and really liked it. 😅😅❤️

-------------------------

I'm sorry for the mistakes ... I'll try to fix them. Thank you for reading!

I hope you liked it! 💜..And if it's worth the sequel, please vote.

Have a nice day! 🤍🌸