Chapter 18 | Behind the shadows

There was deep darkness in the woods. The only light was given by a full moon shining in the sky where it was not obscured by a dense group of trees. The peaceful silence of the evening was broken only by the running of one person.

As Zhan ran between the trees, he did not deal with dizziness nor the pain that increasingly strengthened throughout his arms

As Zhan ran between the trees, he did not deal with dizziness nor the pain that increasingly strengthened throughout his arms. Zhan did not slow down, rushed further.

While Zhan ran, the frequency of trees decreased. Finally, he stopped in front of the entrance to a cave.The demon felt the dark energies calling him so he raised his hand and placed it on the wall.

Old memories immediately appeared in his mind. Zhan saw the events as strongly as if he had been there when Mr. Xiao and Yeon crossed the gate, and then Mr. Xiao closed it. Seeing this moment, Zhan pulled his hand away as if stones had just burned his palm.

"You fool. You were really able to make that mistake ... I can hardly believe that 'he' was once a king." said Zhan in disgust. - "It's pathetic. But in the end, the time has come.." - he raised his left hand and dropped a cut in the palm of his hand - "..for a real, worthy king to rule in Hell."

Using his own blood, Zhan began painting runes on the walls, the same ones that covered his two hands. As soon as he finished, he took a few steps back and began to speak Latin.

Keeping in the middle of his sentence, the painted runes glowed at once until their light finally merged to form a large circle. After a loud flash of lightning, the gates of hell opened.

Beyond the gate, there was a red glowing sky, dead, black and bare trees, and dark gray, rough ground

Beyond the gate, there was a red glowing sky, dead, black and bare trees, and dark gray, rough ground. In some places, the ground was covered with black layers, and huge cracks glowed, through which huge heat flowed out.

The sight immediately put a smile on Zhan's face. He was extremely happy with his victory, he finally achieved what he wanted. Zhan managed to get out of prison, found the gate and now it's finally time for him to rule and turn heaven to Hell.

But his joy soon faded when he heard strange voices behind him. They were like the sounds of a wing blow. But by the time Zhan could react, he felt a strong gust of wind, and then someone landed on the ground with great force in front of Zhan.