Chapter 5 | Discussions

Xiao Jiang was standing on the edge of the cliff waiting. He listened to the soft sound of leaves moving by the wind. Admiring the beauty of the landscape, while he was engrossed in his own thoughts. Closing his eyes, remembering the day he was first here, with the love of his life.

For him, even the sunset was not half as beautiful as the sight that he saw the smile of Kim Mi So, who was watching into the distance

"This is a beautiful place, Jiang."

"Nothing can be so beautiful like you."

"Or, .. maybe it could be something after all..."

"Really? Yet what could be that which is not you?" he said with a big smile on his face. MiSo lowers her head. "MiSo." Jiang stroked her face. "You are like the most beautiful angel walking on Earth. What could be more beautiful than this, what could be more beautiful than you?"

"Jiang." MiSo gently took the man's hand, then looked him in the eye. Miso got a little serious. "I want to tell you something ..."

------

Finally a familiar voice came behind Xiao Jiang, bringing him back to reality.

"It 's been a long time since we talked, old friend." 

"Kuan." Jiang turned to the man. "It really was a long time ago, and I wish I was glad we're here to relax, .. but we both know it's not. now the situation is very serious."

"What danger is imminent?"

"A big. Serious.. And I'm afraid we don't have enough time left. What about your team?"

"Unfortunately, nothing good. Our leader was captured a couple of years ago and his herd then disintegrated. While I was trying to find them, I heard werewolves being hunted one after another. And the one who did not surrender was killed. Supposedly it was the command of a dark demon."

"It was Yeon. I'm sure of that ..."

"Are you really that sure? Because you know people. They are stupid enough that when their emotions control them, they take a bad move and free a demon."

"Until the gate is closed or Zhan's transformation begins, the demons are not strong enough to remain here in this world. Only if a human soul is sacrificed to them. 'Sacrificium animae, -"

"Ahh, yes, yes, I know,.. -ereptione daemonium.' "

"Exactly. 'The sacrifice of a soul, the liberation of a demon'."

"I know this quote ... and I hate it ... but, look. If we're talking about this, what if someone else is standing on this matter, besides Yeon."

"What do you think?"

"I think, what if Zhan's mother's father came back or didn't really disappear."

"He is dead."

"But what if he's not? What if his disappearance was no accident. What if Yeon visited him and somehow he managed to convince the old man to join him.