Chapter 10 | Betrayal and Loss

21 years ago ...

In Hell, two demon guards were talking to each other.

"Our king let us down because of a weak human being? What could that human being say that our king chose to do so? He has never been so vulnerable..."

"Yes, long ago, he was the cruelest, was worthy of the name, but now..."

"Now, he has brought shame on his ancestors, and what can we do? Nothing...unless we want to become ashes in the prison of torment."

"To become ashes? Only if we are lucky will it happen..anyway, perhaps you have already forgotten who our king's allies and enemies are?"

"No, of course not...but it's hard to accept this current situation and stay loyal. Do you think we have another choice?"

"Well, I think I still have a choice, my dear friends." - a demon warrior approached them with a smug smile on his face.

"Leader,..."

"What do you think, leader?"

"That although our king is leaving the kingdom,..but not all hope has been lost. I have heard the small details of a conversation between our king and one of the ancestors."

"And what was it about?"

"About a prophecy. About a boy. About a legend that will be reborn... He will be our hope, he will lift up hell again."

The guards brightened on hearing this.

"And where is that boy?"

"Yes, where is he? We need to find him."

"Well, that's the problem, because this boy is not here among us, but according to the ancestor, he is among the people."

"Between people?" - the guard was shocked. - "But then, that means..."

Unexpectedly red lightnings ran through the sky...

"The portal has been opened!" said one of the guards, watching the sky.

"Now I have to go. You two, dare not tell anyone what we were talking about!...this is a command!"

"Wait, our leader,..where are you running?"

"To our king, ... I will save hell." Yeon replied as he hurried away from them.

Leaving the yard, Yeon ran out the big iron gate and ran into the dark forest

Leaving the yard, Yeon ran out the big iron gate and ran into the dark forest. He ran through the bare trees until he reached a black stone cave. Mr. Xiao was waiting for him there.

"You're finally here, my friend." Mr. Xiao turned to Yeon.

"Master." Yeon hid his hatred and greeted him.

"Are you willing to follow me and stay faithful?

"My loyalty to you is strong and pure. I am ready to fight and die for my master.." Yeon said. But Mr. Xiao didn't even suspect that the leader's words were not to him but to the new king.