Chapter 12 | Preparation and Warning signs

A limping gray wolf stepped toward the entrance to a cave and then transformed into its human form. Now Xue Yang lost in the fight with Kuan.

As Xue Yang took a few steps, he noticed Yeon sitting on the ground

As Xue Yang took a few steps, he noticed Yeon sitting on the ground. Xue Yang looked down at him a little doubtfully, but then hurried over to him, seeing Yeon's injury. But Yeon pushes him aside when Xue Yang wanted to help Yeon get up.

"Master? ... What happened to you? And why hasn't your wound healed yet?"

"That damn old man, Xiao Jiang somehow found us. And on top of that, he used a burst I saw runes engraved on them..and maybe even their blade was soaked in poison. It's possible that my shoulder still didn't heal because of it.

"You mean, like, a blade like that?" Xue Yang showed a burst. Yeon frowned after seeing the familiar gun in Xue Yang's hand.

"Yes...but where..." Yeon said, but Xue Yang interrupted him.

"While Xiao Jiang was busy with his son, I grabbed the burst and ran away."

"Excellent. Nice work...Hmm. There may not be enough venom left on this blade anymore, but as I can see..." - Yeon examined the knife better after Xue Yang handed it to him - "...it will be great for killing a demon."

"But if you mean that it's a demon-killing knife, then how come you haven't died? You're just a simple demon, and you've been wounded like that."

"It just stabbed my shoulder, not my chest, you fool. So it just weakened me... luckily. AND, anyway, you can only kill a demon with this if you combine the fracture or fill it with dark energy. Hahah, and, I found a place in this forest where I managed to gain the power of some evil spirits ... and whoever lived there long ago could have been as dark as we are. And even my master heard the souls, which means something..."

"And what does it mean?"

"The master is strengthened. Only a few days and Hell rises. The souls called him."

"Then maybe we should bring Master Zhan here again using demon summoning, right?"

"Athough I find it strange that the master's call still worked flawlessly last time,..but I was glad that it was better than the first one. Perhaps it worked now because the master was not weak."

"Wait. Have you summoned Zhan before?"

"Yes. Not long after I found out Xiao Jiang came back to the house with his son and brought someone with him. The first demon summoning didn't work out very well and i couldn't reach the master in time in the woods because your wolf 'friend' found him first and stopped him ... But luckily I got a second chance when, shortly after the master was caught, I heard the cries of the guy calling my master by name and looking for Zhan. And although I didn't get much blood then, still the summoning worked better with the blood of that damn Yibo than with that tourists."