Chapter 14 | The Dark Beginning

( Early morning... )

Zhan woke up from another nightmare. He was breathing hard, feeling almost as if he had been under cold water for minutes.

Zhan sat up in bed as he looked around the room. He felt something as if he were not alone, yet he saw no one anywhere. After finishing his search he looked at the clock on the wall: it was 4 o'clock in the morning.

Got up and went to the bathroom. When Zhan was done, he went down to the kitchen and stood at the tap and drank a glass of water.

Ever since Zhan woke up, whispers and dizziness had begun to torment him, which he was very worried about

Ever since Zhan woke up, whispers and dizziness had begun to torment him, which he was very worried about. But when he also felt the growing headache, he set the glass on the kitchen counter. Zhan narrowed his eyes and began to rub his forehead, but the headache did not ease.

 Unexpectedly, Zhan had another vision.

Zhan was standing in the middle of a field, looking at the burning trees when he heard someone shout his name. Zhan looked back slowly and tears welled up when he saw Yibo. Zhan wanted Yibo to be there with him in reality as well.

However, Zhan's heart breaks to pieces as soon as he realizes that it means Yibo will still be there when he almost becomes a monster. But in his despair, Zhan still asks Yibo for help as he senses the increasingly freezing air around him. Zhan watches helplessly as the darkness surrounds him and then completely absorbs Zhan. He looks at Yibo one last time, yet before his vision completely darkens.

"Zhan! ... Zhan !! - to his father's voice, Zhan slowly regains consciousness. Zhan looks at him leaning against the fridge.

"Father...help me..."said Zhan a little softly and weakly.

"What happened to you? What's wrong?" asked Mr. Xiao immediately

Zhan couldn't answer because he felt another severe pain that attacked him.

"Aaaahh...." Zhan cried out in terrible torment. His legs weakened and he almost fell to the ground, but his father caught him by his arms.

"Zhan, it's okay, I'm here..just calm down." his father told him, but Mr Xiao had already begun to suspect that Zhan's painful cry was now a warning sign.

Tears streamed down Zhan's face from the pain, while he felt an increasing heat in his hands. Mr. Xiao then, seeing the red-burning veins starting to run all the way to his son's arm, immediately grabbed Zhan and dragged him toward a locked room. Almost ripped the padlock on the door, then dragged him into the room.

Meanwhile, Kuan also arrived. and immediately ran to them.

"Hey, what happened?" Kuan asked.

"It has started. He must be handcuffed immediately. Hurry up!" Mr. Xiao said as Kuan walked over to him.

The room was dark and the atmosphere suddenly became very cold. A huge pentagram symbol was painted in the center of the floor. The only infiltrating light came from a window on the wall opposite the door. The chains were attached to the concrete wall.