Chapter-12

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

I came out of the bathroom as I heard a slight knock on the door. Oh, come on, I was not in the bathroom as I wanted to take a shower but because I wanted to find a way of escape from here. Even a small window could be of help. But my bad luck, that my room has two windows, big ones indeed, but below them are four well built tall guards standing, keeping an eye on me. The good thing is that the garden is visible from my window and I can just sit near it and stare at my favourite yellow roses, hoping against hope, that I will not have to marry the devil and both me and Sejal would be free from here one day.

I opened the door to find him standing there. Talk of the devil and the devil is here. I rolled my eyes at my thoughts and he raised hos eyebrows. I shook my head in negative and and asked him the reason for coming.

''What are you here for?'' I asked him folding my hands across my chest.

''Come on sweetheart. I am your soon to be husband. Won't you let me come in first?'' He asked extremely sweetly. I felt anger rise in me as I heard the words soon to be husband.

''No. Not at all. First of all, I am not your sweetheart. Secondly, I will never marry you. Thirdly, no matter what, I will never allow you in my room.'' I lashed out at him.

''Oh really.'' He looked at me as if challenging me and within a second, I was pushed back into the room and he latched the door once he was in.

I stumbled backwards and saw him turning with a dangerous glint in his eyes. I moved back only to see him taking slow steps towards me.

''Look stay there only. Don't come closer.'' I said extending my arm in order to maintain distance.

He grabbed that extended arm only and pulled me towards him. He held both my hands near my stomach as my back hit his chest.

His grip was steel. The more I wriggled, the more he tightened it. I wondered if my wrist bones would be left alright after he leaves my hands. I stopped resisting as I knew, if I want to be alright, then I have to stop resisting. As I stopped moving, I felt his grip on my hands loosening. But to my dismay, it only loosened, he did not let go of my hands. Instead, he started rubbing circles on them. My heart was beating frantically as I felt his breath near my earlobe.

My mind was constantly asking me to push him and run away but my hands and legs did not seem to listen. I shivered as his lips touched my earlobe. This close proximity was affecting me much.

''Sweetheart.'' He called me.

''Un...unhn'' I could not reply apart from this. It was as if I was in some trance and his voice broke that trance.

''You know what, I love challenges and mind it, I NEVER LOSE. So think wisely before giving me a challenge. You might regret it later.'' He said in a dangerously calm voice but it held a warning for me. I just nodded and he left my hands and came to stand in front of me.

''I came here to tell you that tonight, you will be having dinner with the family on the dinning table. I want to introduce you to my family and vice versa. And don't you dare create any scene in front of my family. They think that we had been dating since last two years and I don't want their this illusion to break. So be ready at 8 o'clock sharp as I hate people who are not punctual.'' He told all this to me with his eyes locked with mine but I was just able to nod. I was missing the warmth seeping into me when he was close.

He left and I sat on the bed processing what he just said. I will be meeting his family today. What would their reaction be when they would meet me? Would their nature be similar to this devil - arrogant, cold hearted? Or will be different from him? If they would be different, will they go against him and help me? I don't what is going to happen but one thing is for sure that I am not going to lose hope. If they help me then that's good but if they do not and turn out like him then that's also fine. I will help myself out.