Chapter-16

RIDDHIMA'S POV:-

Dadi was the happiest person on this Earth when the wedding date was announced. She was literally so excited that, if health could have allowed, she would have kept on dancing for the whole day. After all it was her one and only grandson's wedding. After the priest went away, dafi went to the mansion temple to pray. Vansh and Aangre went to the study to attend the meetings through video conferencing. He had decided that he would avoid going to his office until I become perfectly fine. Oh god, if he would stay at home only then how would I devise a plan to escape?

Ishani was a fashion designer, so she went to her boutique and Siya was busy with her studies now-a-days since there were only two months left for her semester exams. She was a final year student of BBA intending to lend a helping hand to her brother in business. Me and Sejal were sitting in our room and currently, we were thinking of a plan to run away.

''Why can't we just go and tell them everything, that he is forcing you into this marriage?'' She asked me.

''You are right. We can go and tell them everything but then that old lady over there would have a heart attack. And I don't want any death blame on me. Moreover she has showered so much love upon us. I don't think so that we should break her heart like this by telling the truth bluntly. And don't forget that you are here only because of her.''

''Then what should we do? You can do one thing.''

''What?''

''Just go to the temple today and marry that man. Make that old lady happy and forget about yourself, you idiot.'' Sejal commented sarcastically.

''Sejal!'' I whined and continued, ''how can you even think of it? Here I am planning to evade this marriage and you are saying such things?''

''That is why I am saying take your medicines on time. Take proper care of yourself and get well soon so that you can run away.''

I just hummed in response.

''Sejal, how about a coffee? I need it to awaken my senses.''

''Yes sure. Even I would like to have some. I would just go and prepare it myself.''

Saying so, she went away to prepare coffee for both of us and I was sitting alone in the room. Well, it is so boring that you have to just keep sitting and sitting and sitting and nothing to do at all. I was carefully observing my surroundings, when the door creaked open revealing a petite figure.

''Riddhima!'' Sia squealed and came into the room.

''Oh hi Sia. Thank god you came. I was getting so bored sitting here and doing nothing.''

''That is why I came. I took a break of about 45 minutes so thought of meeting you.''

''Well that's a nice thought. Tell me, have you completed your project?''

''Actually no. It is yet to be completed. Some of the diagram part is left and you know I don't have such good drawing skills. Moreover that diagram is so difficult to draw so I keep on procrastinating the work.''

''Oh, so you need any help in that? I mean I volunteer to draw that diagram for you. You know I had pretty good drawing skills during school time. Passing time while only sitting or sleeping will kill me otherwise.''

''Oh really! That's so nice of you. Thank you so much. I was wondering how to ask bhai for help but you came as my saviour. Thank you so much, Riddhima.'' She said taking my hands in hers. I smiled and she left to bring the materials.

''Sia, Sejal is in the kitchen, preparing coffee. Ask her to prepare one for you also if you want. She makes this amazing coffee, a must try it is.''